Worst 1 hole score?

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Worst 1 hole score?

Post by Polslad »

I just took a 19 on the 14th hole at TPC Las Colinas!
Can't remember ever going that high on a mainstream course.
If you go in the water to the left of the green, the only drop is at the base of a 6ft vertical concrete wall.
The only place to go is back in the water, until you get a drop on the other side of the pond, and then it is no mean feat to get back on the green from the deep rough.
I guess I missed the cut on that one.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Re: Worst 1 hole score?

Post by sandwedge »

Polslad wrote:I just took a 19 on the 14th hole at TPC Las Colinas!
Can't remember ever going that high on a mainstream course.
If you go in the water to the left of the green, the only drop is at the base of a 6ft vertical concrete wall.
Is that a design flaw then in the course? At least you got to get the timing in your true swing down to a science :) If it helps any, I once recorded a 14 and it wasn't because the course had a problem :)
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

I almost always play very dry greens, and when you try to firm one in from 6 feet downhill, it can lead to a messy score........like mine on The Way Home. I don't remember the hole or even the exact score, but a single aggressive putt led to a score in excess of 20+. Not worth remembering anyways, probably shot >90.

IRL, I was playing a course called Silver Creek Plantation, and made an 11 on the 12th hole....and still shot an 81. I saved that scorecard just for that!
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

I got into a totally ridiculous place on Rock of America once and quit with a 19; I think it was the 10th or 11th hole. We play with pickups on and if you get into a non-recoverable spot on a par 5 you can't pick up short of 11 strokes, which I've done a time or three. That's the worst I can remember.

I've always said that the PGA2K drop utility is the only major design flaw in this game; it can put you in some really insufferable places with little chance of recovery and completely overlooks being able to take a stroke and distance penalty.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Pretty sure I got you guys all topped on this one. I was playing a CGA Tour Event so I had to finish or else get DQed from the tournament. I don't remember the course anymore but I hit it left of the green into an unplayable area and it was going to make my drop in weeds so I hit drop backwards and it put me in a beach area. This seemed a lot better so I took the drop without realizing that this was 150 yards back. That still seems OK but it turned out the sand was like a fried egg lie and I had to cross this unplayable area to get back. I tried several times to advance it to the green, no luck. I tried several times to go back out to the fairway 90°, no luck. At this point I thought I might not be able to finish but it became an interesting challenge just to see if I could. I finally figured out. :idea: I could it advance it up the beach until I got in line with the green. Even then it still took me a few tries to cross over from there. I ended up making a number somewhere in the 40's on just that hole. :laugh: I was not even close to the lead like usual though so it didn't bother me too much.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

82 and counting... had to quit. :wow:

I was partnered with Crank in a ryder at Quarry Canyon. We were playing one of those goofy games where your only clubs were an 8i, PW and putter (big mistake on that course).

Well, on #2, we didn't make it over the chasm (duh) and ended up on a narrow shelf on the right side at the bottom of the chasm. The texture is "wall lean", aka, rock. We tried everything to get out and just could not quite make it. The walls are too steep. We were cracking up and finally had to bail on the game. Had we not, we might still be there... lol.

At least we made a memory.

Dar
Robert@
Shotmaker

Post by Robert@ »

Evil Designer rubbing the tops of his hands laughing hideously at his screen.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

tincup wrote:82 and counting... had to quit. :wow:

At least we made a memory.

Dar
First, great effort even if you couldn't make it - second, great statement. That's what makes this a top notch game to me - even the boggles are memorable :)
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Muhahahahahaaaaaa

Robert@ noodling out a new course...
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... CB8Q9QEwAw
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

And that was one of his early courses when he wasn't as evil. :bg: :pirate: