Hopefully coming soon JN6

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Hopefully coming soon JN6

Post by Sundance »

If all goes well then soon there will be a JN6 site available with all the files from Dave 'Snuffy' Smith's Golden Bears Den available here at the Golf Sim Clubhouse. I am looking forward to meeting and chatting with all you golf sim buffs and sincerely hope you will take an interest in JN6. Galen Geier and PZ are in the process of working with the site owner on the transfer of the files. Perhaps in the near future we can get some designers together and do a Group Design here at Golf Sim Clubhouse like we did often at Golden Bears Den.

JNSE was one of my all time favorite golf sims and I designed many course's with it. We formed the Ham Hoc Tour on Prodigy many years ago and had a regular golf league etc... I'm sure there are quite a few at this site that remembers those days. It was truly a great time for JNSE and we have many good memories from those days.

Again, looking forward to meeting the many members and sharing some old stories. Take care!!
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Hopefully coming soon JN6

Post by BrianZ111 »

Welcome to Golf Sim Clubhouse! So far I haven't heard anything back on the initial e-mail I sent. Hopefully things are happening in the background or will be happening soon.

For now I think it makes sense to have all JN discussions in this section. In fact I may even just rename this section JN instead of JNSE specific, unless it's busy enough that we think we need a set of forums for both games.

I played JNSE for many years but wasn't an active member of the internet community back in those days. I made the switch to the PGA series in '98 because of the mouse swing so never played JN6. When I get some time I'd like to check it out though. It's my sincere hope that being under the same site will create a bigger community for all.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

Welcome Sundance!

I'm very familiar with who you are and you've created some of the very best courses for GBC imo. :up:
Hopefully all gets sorted soon and the move is made to here and the past Den members are not lost.

Migrating all the JN games as suggested by Brian I think is a good idea for JN. I will hopefully soon add an updated and complete JNSE download for people. I can also do this with GBC. There are also other JN games which could likely be added here.

I started backing up the approx 1,300 files I think were at GBD and was going to save a bunch of threads while the discussion to move here was going on at GBD. As the discussion was left in limbo and didn't carry on I eventually deleted what I had downloaded.

I do have many files myself from my own collection. I may also have some courses that weren't at GBD. I'm sure long time players will remember Warren's site and his course reviews. I downloaded every course with a 7-10 rating and still have them. I'm not sure if these courses were all at GBD?

The way I see it, these are the very early days of a new future for all the old golf games. It would be great to bring these old titles back to life.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

If any GBD members here have emails or contact info for other GBD members may be worth letting them know to come here.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Thanks Brian and Viper. I'm hoping Galen and PZ are able to get the files to this site with no complications. I'm on the outside of this but will do everything I can to make the transfer work. If it's Ok with you guys I will copy your replies and post them on our site on Facebook. Quite a few of the designers and players follow that site as well!! Looking forward to getting acquainted with everyone. Thank You!
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

Sundance wrote: March 21st, 2022, 12:23 pm Thanks Brian and Viper. I'm hoping Galen and PZ are able to get the files to this site with no complications. I'm on the outside of this but will do everything I can to make the transfer work. If it's Ok with you guys I will copy your replies and post them on our site on Facebook. Quite a few of the designers and players follow that site as well!! Looking forward to getting acquainted with everyone. Thank You!
Sure, whatever helps to get the GBD community back in one place. Do you have a link to the FB page? I was never aware of one.
aristocrat48
Chronic Slicer

Post by aristocrat48 »

Here's the link to the FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/113880875316258
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

aristocrat48 wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 6:47 am Here's the link to the FB page:

Thanks Bill!!
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

aristocrat48 wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 6:47 am Here's the link to the FB page:

Great! Thanks! Joined!

I've checked my drives and found I have masses of GBC downloads. Even if no files are recovered from The Den, I think I will have the vast majority of them available. I have 17.7gb of courses plus multiple other files that were at GBD. The biggest concern is the lost members from GBD who simply won't know the community still exists. Brad the Dad as one example I'm sure would already be registered here if he knew of this forum.

We'll see what Brian comes back with regarding the GBD/GSC and internet side of things and go from there.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

I would like to make a suggestion for the Facebook page.

I'd suggest pinning a post at the top of the page passing on information for what is happening with GBC and the community.
Being FB, posts can get messed up, some get randomly hidden from users or can be difficult to find or easy to miss. People may visit the page and not see the specific information regarding the community continuing on.