Members and new members introduce yourself

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
bigbob
Range Rookie

Re: Members and new members introduce yourself

Post by bigbob »

hi all looks good here
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Indy Anna Jones wrote:Most of you are familiar to me, and since so far I'm the only female who's posted, I'll name myself unofficial hostess ( :wavey: ) and give special and hearty welcomes to the (to me) newcomers:

Scotty, Easy Swing, Ajfjr226 and jwgriffinca.

It is a great game and a great community, and you're most welcome!!
It really nice to see some of the newer names here already. Hopefully that's a good sign for the future success of the site and community.
the wizard
Range Rookie

Post by the wizard »

Wow.. Isn't it great to have the new site so we can relax and enjoy golf.... I'm Jack aka the wizard. I'm 77 years young and live in the San Juan Islands, in the NW corner of Washington State. I started with FPS 99 and have been hooked ever since.
Everybody else said it a lot better than I can, but thanks Dar & BrianZ, you have done a great job and a great service to our golfing group.
Pyecraft
Scratch Golfer

Post by Pyecraft »

Hello, Peter here, freezing away in silly, chilly Calgary, Alberta, where I've been a slacker for a large Oil Co., these past 5 years.
All my computer skills, like emailing, pc on, pc off, I begged from PGA members off our old forums, to fight a near-terminal battle with PGA 98. Eventually I could complete an entire nine holes on-line without being booted by either WON or fellow players. But one early winter's morning, once everyone else had left the clubhouse, the she-devil architect's icy hand struck, forcing me to began my Snowdonia course design. Her cold heart has not allowed its completion since I plowed its first fairway back in 2000.
Here's welcoming any and all new members, and trusting you'll find the same unyielding support as I, from the great people here, keeping PGA alive.
May the only balls you slice be your own
tony
Range Rookie

Post by tony »

Hi . . . it's Tony. I was AJG2008 on the old site.

Thank you to all those who have put their time and energy into keeping the game and the site alive.

A new course is in the works . . .
DrewDiv2
Range Rookie

Post by DrewDiv2 »

Hello, My name is George. I am a Philadelpha Fire Captain and have been playing this game since 2001. I have never attempted to design a course but am most appreciative of those who do. I dont play as much as I used to, but now that the summer is over, plan on being online more often and encourage others to do the same. Terry, dont be so humble, Your courses are among the most enjoyable in this game and you are a first rate player. Come back to us online soon.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Hello my name is what you already see Steve. I live in Columbus OH. and have most of my life. I"m 53 and have 3 older children, 1 boy in high school and 2 daughters who are married. Oh and of course I'm a big Buckeye's fan (since 68).

I found out about this game by accident back in the fall of 2003. I was going to purchase Links 2003 but ran accross this game and purchased it instead. I have done a few designs and play my own world tour seasons off line. I'm currently designing a course for our contest and finishing my season.
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

World Tour? That sounds cool. Have you ever posted that season?
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

ADC! I have'nt posted a World Tour schedule or players list basicly because its pure fiction. I would give you some more details but don't have the time right now. I did type more info just before this post but when I hit the submit button the internet crashed.

Hey Brian ! How do you know if you've received a private message?
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Up in the upper left after User Control Panel it will say how many unread messages you have. You can also turn on pop up and e-mail notifications in the User Control Panel on the Board Preferences tab.