Season Play Results

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
JaxDuffer
Chronic Slicer

Re: Season Play Results

Post by JaxDuffer »

I had no idea the SAs had been lowered Indy. That explains a lot. I will be moving them to their actual number when the season is done.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Jax, IIRC in the 2007 group I lowered them 1 point, and they were averaging around -14 (for the winner) per tourney. The average highest score by an AI (not counting myself) averaged -20.55 in my season. Paul Casey averaged 67.8 which led the tour; Bubba Watson was next at 68.0. Both men averaged 1.52 putts/GIR. (I'd have to go through the whole stats list 1 by 1 to find the lowest.. call me lazy. :bg: Well actually, I wouldn't; I'm lowest at 1.38 but I don't know who's #2.

I really didn't think lowering the SPR by 2 would have such an effect... not 6 strokes per tourney. If I had a mulligan (do over) I'd still lower the putting avg. but leave the SPR alone. Maybe next year?

What I've never figured out is what is making the difference in that Casey and Bohn (and myself) have dominated the tour while Yang (#122) and Jimmy Walker (#121) have 45 missed cuts between them (lowest MC is 2: Chris Couch (#10) and Graham de Laet (#25.) Yang's best finish is T67; Walker's is T45.)
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Wow - you guys are closing in on the end of the season already. If this was my project it might take me 3 seasons to get it done. Great job guys. My money is on Paul Casey to win the event at the end of the year - I figure that Indy girl might be yawning at her lack of challengers and let him get one win at the end:laugh:
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Indy girl is playing for the late 90s-early 00 Atlanta Braves; a great season but a serious late season slump that'll keep her out of the World Series if she doesn't correct it. Suddenly my putter (which I've been depending on all season) is ice cold.
Wait a minute. Let me be Tigress here. I've been working with a new swing coach and we're coming along. I hurt my right forefinger hitting off of pine straw at Augusta (honest!) and it's just a matter of time before I'm recovered and back to my old game.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Sandwedge! I still have a ways to go. The stretch run is just getting started with the fall tournys. THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP is a marathon. There's over 40 tourny's from all over the globe and except for the Majors and Elites the schedule of tournys changes from season to season so you see alot of different courses from one year to the next.
I try not to play a standard tourny more then 2 seasons in a row if possible. The only problem I've run into so far is I've had to raise the minimum prize fund to 4.25 mil dollars because their are some European events that have smaller purses then that. Also I've moved the Tour Championship to the week before The World Championship. The Tour Championship is more like the semi finals that way and only has about 40 or less players eligable then its the top 20 for the finals.

COME ON TIGRESS GET YOUR *&*@ TOGETHER. I know how you really hurt that finger :bg:
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Steve - although I am not playing the same tour schedule you all are, I do find some time to play a tournament now and then. I like to make each round a different course by the same designer. Some designers are tougher than others - a Robert @ tournament is one that makes me a little nervous :) Now a Grayson tournament, that's fun - I feel like Jack Nicklaus and I get to travel to places that are just amazing :)
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Sandwedge! Thats an iinteresting way to play a tourney so long as you make the cut. There are a hand full of events that I get to play more then 1 course ( The Dunhill Links Championship is just around the corner on my schedule) but I wish there was a few more.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

I've always said, the season is yours and you can do what you want (wait! Isn't that a song?) This is the first season I've played strictly by the "real" course... and honestly, I don't think I'll do it again. Pebble Beach was one of my favorite tourneys, using 3 different courses, and I did use 2 courses for a few of the others. With the WGC match play I used a different course for each round except the semi and final rounds. I went out in the second round, so it was the AI players playing but I used courses I either had never played or had forgotten, so it was a nice tour for me.

Btw, Steve, my problem actually began Thanksgiving night a couple of years ago. Hubby found out I'd been playing with a lot of different people, so he took a 7 iron (or was it a 9 iron?) to my mouse and my finger got in the way, you know. Then as I was backing out of the driveway... need I go on? :(
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

FINALLY! I've won another tourney. I pulled out a 2 shot victory over Charl Schwartzel at the BMW Championship at Makossa. I had my best ball striking round in round 3 in a long long time. I was 8 under thru 13 that round but thats where I finished. I was thinking 59 at that point but I just didn't have it the last few holes.
Makossa is a very nice looking course, avgerage in lenght 6600 yards. There seemed to be only 1 pin postion for each hole and it was somewhere close to the middle of the greens. I had to hit alot of long Irons or Utility woods off the tees. Still its a victory and believe me I'll take it.
Winner me at (-21) 2nd - Charl Schwartzel (-19) 3rd - Matt Kuchar (-16). Also Briney Baird picked up 2 points that put him in the top 25. This was the last tourney of the season where the whole field participated.

Next Up - The Austrian Open at another 1st time course Shani Lake

UPDATED POINTS
1. Dustin Johnson (111pts) 2. Matt Kuchar (85 pts) 3. Steve Horn (68pts) 4. Jason Day (63pts)
5. Steve Stricker (57pts) 6. David Toms (54pts) 7. Marc Lieshman (53pts) 8. Charl Schwartzel (49pts)
9. Gary Woodland (44pts) 10.tie Ben Crane & Bill Hass (43pts) 12. Anthoney Kim (40pts)
13. Sergio Garcia (34pts) 14. Earl Edwards (33pts) 15. Tiger Woods (31pts) 16. Jim Furyk (30pts)
17. Steve Elkington (28pts) 18. tie Alvaro Quiros & Charlie Wi (27pts)
20. tie Bubba Watson, Thongchai Jaidee & Steve Guest (26pts)
23. tie Paul Casey & Jerry Kelly (25pts) 25. tie Rory McIlroy & Briny Baird (23pts)

UPDATED DOLLARS
1. Dustin Johnson = $7,279,196--2. Steve Horn = $6,838,744--3. Matt Kuchar = $6,159,700
4. Jason Day = $5,294,674 --5. Steve Stricker = $4,639,136--6. Charl Schwartzel = $4,068,591
7. Gary Woodland = $3,748,654--8. David Toms = $3,133,625--9. Marc Lieshman = $3,005,442
10. Ben Crane = $2,762,173--11. Bubba Watson = $2,718,328--12.Tiger Woods = $2,713,240
13. Alvaro Quiros = $2,674,154--14. Bill Haas = $2,624,368--15. Charlie Wi = $2,608,800