I Stink at this Game

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
TenSixty6
Chronic Slicer

I Stink at this Game

Post by TenSixty6 »

OMG, this game can be so frustrating! I can't seem to break 80 no matter what I do. If I wanted this kind of humiliation, I'd go out on the real courses more often.

Anybody else struggle with some aspect of the game? My putting is particularly woeful.

I am *not* the 0 handicap the game seems to think I am! :laugh:
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: I Stink at this Game

Post by SteveHorn »

TenSixty6!
Don't know if you're a truswing player like I 'am most of the time or tri click but the more you play the better you should get. If you are a truswing player don't fill shamed into not using a straight edge if necessary. Truswing is more difficult than tri click regardless of what you do to help your game. I know because I've played tri click for a full season 48 events, and I won like 42 percent of the tournaments that season WAY surpassing my best season as a truswing person.
If you tri click there are some tricks of the trade that will help a lot.
TenSixty6
Chronic Slicer

Post by TenSixty6 »

Had to do a factory reset a couple months ago. Naturally, I lost anything PGA related, and only just now got around to reinstalling anything. Amatuer tri-clicker on average conditions at Barren Hills, my favorite Silvernail design. Shot 76. Not bad after a triple on the 1st.

I still stink at this game, but at least, I'm playing!
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

TenSixty6
Triple on the 1st and shot 76 and you haven't been playing much (PRETTY DARN GOOD). If you can consistently shoot at times scores below par give the in-game pro tour a try. I consider it a good warm up tour and its only like about 8 events.
TenSixty6
Chronic Slicer

Post by TenSixty6 »

I guess this thread has become my round log. Thanks for the encouragement!

Decided to honor my roots, and enter the Northern California Amateur at Passetiempo and Monterrey Shoals. Made birdies on 9 and 18 at Passetiempo, and managed to keep only one double bogey on the card. Shot +3 73 for the day. Conditions were pretty scoreable; I missed at least distinct
looks at birdie, mainly on the front 9. Passetiempo is one of my favorite McKenzie designs, and I think the PGA2K version is pretty good, especially for the era it was designed in.

Monterrey Shoals was less kind. There must have been a heavy rain before, after, and during the round, because those greens were slowed down to a crawl. I actually entered the 36th hole tied for the lead with Herb Graham, but he knocked his third stiff on the par 5 18th, and I was unable to convert my own birdie. C'est le sport. I held solo second with rounds of 73-78 for +9. I lost by that one shot.

One of the things I like about this game is how well it captures a late 1990's game of golf. If anything, it's even closer to something around the late 1970's early 1980's. Mishits are dreadfully penalized, and even knocking it on the screws is no guarantee of a 300 + yard shot. In fact, I'm 10th on the Amateur Season right now with a 255.5 driving distance.

Oh well, tee it up in Baja next.