Player Eligibility.

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Player Eligibility.

Post by Polslad »

So I'm halfway through my season, come to the Open Championship, and my player is blanked out, it won't let me play?
What's this and how do I fix it?
Never seen this before.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Player Eligibility.

Post by SteveHorn »

David! Open the season icon then edit season button. Hit the next button and your current event should be in the display window.Then hit the edit button and all your season events should be in the window. Highlight the event you want to edit and hit the edit event button. On the left side is an eligibility button. Open the eligibility icon and make sure everything is blank except the date and money at the top of the window. I personally never use that feature, all my eligibility for certain events I do manually. Not sure how things in your season might have got messed up. If this doesn't work you may have to do a system restore to the day before the event started then edit your event. Beware this can effect your previous events results if the restore point is before that event was finished.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Yeah, I've been playing with that Steve, no joy.
My guy is still blanked out.
Previous tournament, the gaI played 3 rounds, then for the final round only my golfer was shown as eligable for the last round.
I played on my own, but the game then defered back to the start of the 4th round, so I deleted that tournament without completing it.
Now the game doesn't recognise my golfer.
Will play the Open on auto without me, and see if I can get in at the next one.
Shame, I was going really well and fancied my chances.

As for system restore, my PC tells me I have no restore poionts since October last year, and won't let me restore.
I wouldn't go that far back anyway.
I thought the PC auto created restore points every few days?
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

I've only got three auto restore points in January which suprised me. I thought I'd have at least 7 or 8. Anyhow I suggest you go back into your system restore and look under system protection. First in the system properties window hit the system protection tab.Then open the configure tab and make sure at the top you have (turn on system protection) highlighted. Also in this area you can manually create your own restore point. You can also delete old restore points if needed.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Got all of that Steve, can't see where you can 'edit' a manual restore poiont though.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

David! If you have windows 8 the best way I know is to open your control panel and then open system. On the top far left open where it say's"advanced system settings". Then in that window open the "system protection" tab. Near the bottom of this window it says "create a restore point right now on a drive that has system protection turned on" In the next window type whatever you want date and then hit the create tab. You can also go where your drives are located then right click on your C drive and hit the properties tab to open the system protection window then follow the steps above.There's other way's to get to this window but these are the the way's I know. Your control panel may look different then mine because I believe I have classic options turned on.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Gotcha.

Thanks