Links & Rugged Isle

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Links & Rugged Isle

Post by Polslad »

Anyone know of a bug in this one?
Game crashes on first tee everytime for this course.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Re: Links & Rugged Isle

Post by Polslad »

Rugged Dunes.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Reinstall the Carnoustie library - that should fix it - but be forewarned that any course requiring Tulaichean Bay libraries (tul and tul2) may now be affected by this action. It is the Alan Toft phenomena! In order to have all 1600+ courses installed and playable, it requires reinstalling some libraries prior to playing certain courses - Steve Opfer and Alan Toft made the libraries that affect most of these re-library installs. So the course can be played but it may render other courses unplayable until the Tulaichean libraries are installed again. Hope this makes sense!
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

sandwedge wrote:Reinstall the Carnoustie library - that should fix it - but be forewarned that any course requiring Tulaichean Bay libraries (tul and tul2) may now be affected by this action. It is the Alan Toft phenomena! In order to have all 1600+ courses installed and playable, it requires reinstalling some libraries prior to playing certain courses - Steve Opfer and Alan Toft made the libraries that affect most of these re-library installs. So the course can be played but it may render other courses unplayable until the Tulaichean libraries are installed again. Hope this makes sense!
Is there a list of courses that do this? Personally I would just like to avoid them.
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

stillgolfing wrote:Is there a list of courses that do this? Personally I would just like to avoid them
This site lists each course and its library requirements. Any course that uses tul, tul2, Opfer 1, Opfer 2, Opfer 3 or Parkland can be affected by the aforementioned problems. It really is not too much of a hassle - only if you want every course installed on your hard drive at once. Do a search for these issues on the forum and you should get more technical information - we have discussed it in detail. I last ran into the problem when I wanted to play an older Steve Opfer course with one of his newer ones still installed. Just had to go back and reinstall the courses and libraries in order and everything worked fine. Hope this helps.

David if this is not the issue, let me know. It is an issue for me with Links at Rugged Dunes and the reinstall of the Carnoustie library resolves it for me. I can keep looking into it though if this does not work.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

The amount of knowledge in this community never ceases to amaze me!
Course up and running, thanks.

Now, them textures look like they would suit a reboot of Royal Birkdale, don't you think?