Before I can't do this anymore

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Before I can't do this anymore

Post by sandwedge »

I am engaging in some fourball and match play against my girls with a computer golfer as my partner. I am using the ATG men's list's Tom Weiskopf. Tom and I are actually doing pretty well as he seems to bail me out whenever I get into trouble. But then there are the missed putts - man the AI really bugs me in this area. Anyways, just was wondering if any of you ever play this format? What formats do you play, other than stroke play? Has anyone ever played Stableford in PGA?
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Before I can't do this anymore

Post by SteveHorn »

sandwedge! I must admit that I play much more stroke play then any other format. I do play match play in 2 tournaments every season and sometimes in a rare practice game. Whenever I'm in the test playing portion of creating a new course I'm playing alot of skins game against 3 other AI players. I haven't played stableford format in a long time. I may do that again in the near future to play a few rounds as warm up to next season.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Re: Before I can't do this anymore

Post by sandwedge »

Ahh Skins format. A lot of fun if you want to compete and you have no humans around - lol! I find that to be the most competitive type of AI after the Ryder Cup/fourball variety. Now if we could just mod the program to get a Wolf format like in Links!

Trouble with using other formats in the tournament mode of play is that they really don't work - only stroke play. So if you are season players like us that kind of stinks!