Game Capacity

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Game Capacity

Post by Polslad »

So,
I'm currently DL-ing all of Dar's A list courses, (the ones I haven't already got) and intend to play my way through all off them.
After 20 tour seasons with pretty much the same venues, I need something fresh.
I was wondering, is there a maximum capacity for courses and libraries in this game before it gets corrupted and packs in?
Dar's list is about 450, + maybe 100 more I've already got, + all the libraries that accompany them (probably double the courses), can the game handle all of these, or is there a recommended 'safe' level?

By the way,
I dusted of the architect again over the weekend, laid 18 out, based on a little course in Wales called Aberdovey.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Re: Game Capacity

Post by tincup »

I have all 1,650 courses and all 744 libraries installed and have not had a "capacity" problem. Just be aware that the more courses and libs you have installed, the longer the course manager takes to open.
Dar
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

David! In season play don't force yourself to always play the same course year after year for the same event. I'll play many different courses from season to season except the Majors and a few others.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Yeah Steve,
I know that, but I'm a bit of a stickler for accuracy, if the pro's play there, my tour reflects that.

I'm quite supprised about how many great courses are out there.
i've been playing this game since the old PGA99 version and been quite active in DL's, but quite a lot have got passed me or I've missed them.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Ooohh - love to see Aberdovey Dave. Never played it but its supposed to be a real gem. You'll have 1 download at least :)