windows 8

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

windows 8

Post by spencerturner »

Can anyone tell me if PGA 2000 will play on Windows 8? I have Windows 7 and I cant get to play even off line. Thanks, Spencer.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: windows 8

Post by SteveHorn »

Spencer ! I can't tell you why your having a problem because I'm still using my old computer that has XP. But I know that other people on this forum have windows 7 or 8 and are able to play this game. You may have to switch the compatability mode so the game will work. Hopefully someone else can give you more info.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Worked straight out of the box for me, but I don't play on-line.
Having to learn the game all over again though with a new golfer!
No compatability issues or anything, just installed it and tee'd off.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Spence,

I have Windows 7 on my home PC, and laptop and PGA works fine. I have the Collector's Edition of PGA 2000. It might be that you need some of those active x files installed to your 32 bit or 64 bit folders. There are instructions here on the site on how to do that somewhere in a post under technical issues. The files if not available here are easily downloaded and installed through Google ing and applying the steps given here. I had to do that for my laptop to get the architect to work properly. I hope this helps.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Spencer, I have Windows 7, and the PGA 2000 Titanium Edition, and have had no problems with gameplay or using the architect.

Doron
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Spencer! I don't know what version you have but have you reinstalled the patches listed in the utilities section? Patch 3.3.4.5 and the collectors edition patch? There's also the option of installing the game from this site using the PGA 2000 installation package.
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Post by spencerturner »

Thanks to all for your comments. Steve I use Collectors Edition (CE) and I did download the patch:3.3.4.5 but I did not download the CE patch. I will try that and see if it works. Thanks again everyone , Spencer.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Spencer,

Dar bumped up the posts about the active x files. It is in the technical support section of the forum. This might be the issue for you - especially if you are using a laptop or a 64 bit system on a desktop. I wanted to say too that I appreciate you and the great support you are to this community. Hang in there - there must be a fix.