Members and new members introduce yourself

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
GaryS
Range Rookie

Re: Members and new members introduce yourself

Post by GaryS »

Thanks for the gracious welcomes. There are so many courses to try and no doubt some great ones have been missed. The course collection is being increased by 2-3 courses a week and hopefully samples of all the more prolific designers will be tried in the next few months. If not mistaken, Steve Horn did some Nicklaus courses back in the day? Recalling one that was set in England or seemed to be? Forgot the name.

This architect is not particularly intuitive, so it will require some trial and error especially because this "designer" is technically challenged and lacks any artistic ability at all. A composite course comprised of real golf holes I have played is my first project to tackle. It will be a challenge to blend holes from different courses into a believable and playable single course. May never happen. Thanks again for the welcome.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Rules for the designer:
#1. NEVER NEVER NEVER feel that any question you might ask is dumb. :confused: + :idea: = :bg:
#2. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to rule #1.

It is complex and takes a while to learn how to use; the beauty compared to JN designer (which was a nice one BTW) is that you're building an entire course not one hole at a time. That's also the challenge!

Anyway GaryS, welcome aboard! :wavey:
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

GaryS! I first started designing with PGA2000 in late 2003 eary 2004. I'd never done any before that time with any sim. It took me a good 5 years and at least that many course to feel pretty comfortable with the architect and most of its quirks. Also I use an OLD 40 gig Compaq Presario I purchased in November 2001. It makes things even a little bit harder when it comes to point count and other minor details.
GaryS
Range Rookie

Post by GaryS »

Yep, the old brain transposed two different Steves..apologies to you. I have played Medinah a few times. It can be brutally long with windy conditions. Very realistic rendition and fun to play.
Thunder91166
Weekend Duffer

Post by Thunder91166 »

Ok Better late then Never, been a wood head since 99 mostly on a PS2, found this game and site, and fell in love with the play, I feel like i'm really playing golf, not a game with a bunch of goals to get a course unlocked, I know it been around for years, but Thanks for supporting the game here, works great on my old puter with no hitches, so good that I got a copy from Amazon for like 3.00, figured i'd just say Hey
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Thunder,
First of all, welcome to the site... glad to have you. I am curious... how did you find the site?
Dar (aka, Tincup)
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Thunder! Welcome to the PGA2000 community. Any questions just ask and someone should be able to help. Hundreds of GREAT courses with over 1600 in total. Check out Dar's (Tincup) A & B courses list in the utilities download area in the PGA 2000 section. Also many other good things worth downloading. Warning !!! This game can be much more difficult to master then Tiger Woods games. I recommend in my personal opinion that you give the tru swing method a good test. Most of all HAVE FUN.
Thunder91166
Weekend Duffer

Post by Thunder91166 »

Thanks, Steve and Dar, To Dar I was looking for a course Logo to place on a screen shot in TW05 and came across this site about 3 months ago, I Dl the game but didn't play to much because I couldn't control the shots with a wired mouse on my desktop and i'm not a fan of "click" swings, I was cleaning out files and came across the game file and installed a copy on my laptop with a wireless mouse and fell in love with it, to Steve the true swing is the reason I like the game, still working on the finer points of the swing but I can hit the ball with a flick of the wrist instead of a shove of the arm.
I have Dl a lot of the real courses, and am suprised the amount and quality, just wish I had found it sooner. there seems to be a lot of dead links to other sites :confused: thanks for supporting such a great game
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Welcome thunder. As I've told everyone before, if you have ANY question about any aspect of this game, never hesitate to ask. Since the designers of PGA2K, Headgate Labs went on to design TW Golf, you'll find several similarities, at least to the early versions of TWG but enough differences to make it confusing at times. You have some vets here from back in the 90s... a lot of knowledge and experience to help you out if needed.
Diguelo
Chronic Slicer

Post by Diguelo »

Diguelo,

Used to enjoy playing loads, but now I have other commitments. Granddaughter on the way in the next few weeks. Running my own computer company now, beat working my ass off for nothing.

Still think of you guys pretty much every day.

Still keep hackin around some of the courses, just have to spend more time buried in code or have a thousand netwrk wires hanging round my shoulder these days. That and Im using most systems now that cant access golf anymore.

Keep the game going guys, theres a possibility of getting SPX back working in Windows 8. Been chewing on it with MS and various other companies to get it reintroduced. Keep your chins up. Anyones got any problems email me at the above site.

Hi to Dar, Dave, Kelly, Greg, Terry, George, Ron and any others I used to hang round with. Life was easy back then, lol, lot harder now I have to work for a living.

Pete Johnson
http://www.pcdatalincs.co.uk/