Members and new members introduce yourself

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Mike New
Chronic Slicer

Re: Members and new members introduce yourself

Post by Mike New »

Hi Guys,

Mike from Vancouver, Canada. Originally from Melbourne, Australia. Long time golf simmer (started with JNUG back in the day) been fiddling with the architect in PGA2000 for 12+ years now. Unfortunately, that's all I seem to do is fiddle. Never actually complete anything.

Seeing quite a few familiar names here, too. I've been away from the online communities for so long now I didn't realise both PGA and GBC followers were still so active.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Hi Mike,
Welcome to the golf sim clubhouse. Yep, we are still alive and kicking. We have 20 new courses this year (and more on the way). There are a total of 1,623 courses and 691 libraries available for download at this point. That should keep you busy for a while.

Again, welcome. :wavey: Glad to have you.
Dar (aka, Tincup)
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Hey Mike,

Glad to have you in the clubhouse here. Hope we will get a post from you from time to time - appreciate your insight into the game we love!
Anguis
Range Rookie

Post by Anguis »

Hi, folks,

New player, here - taking a side trip from Links (and other games) and having a fine time of it!

Take it easy!

Anguis
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Hey Anguis,
Welcome to PGA2000. :wavey:
If you need anything, just shout out.
Dar (aka, Tincup)
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Hello and welcome all newcomers! Indeed if you have any questions re gameplay, downloading, installing, the designer... don't EVER hesitate for an instant to ask. Lot's of knowledgable people willing to help with any question about PGA2K.
GaryS
Range Rookie

Post by GaryS »

Hello,

I am back to playing this game after a couple years of very little play. Started in 2000 with PGA1999 and then moved on to PGA2000 the next year. I am a retired teacher/coach and will turn 70 this year. I have played a lot of real golf over the last 48 years and once was a single digit (4-9) hdcp for about 15 years. Those days are past!
My dream is to design a couple or more courses some day. Did that in the Jack 4 and 5 sims back in the 90's and spent many pleasant hours on design in the winters. The problem may be that this architect is too sophisticated for my abilities. The efforts so far have not been encouraging but perhaps spending some more time at it will provide enlightenment that is lacking. This old brain is very slow to learn anything remotely technical.

We live in Indiana between Fort Wayne and Muncie and have four daughters and 6 grandchildren.

Favorite courses to play in no particular order are Wookey Hollow, Whitestone Park, The Tradition, Stonewall, Augusta National, Pebble Beach,Sawgrass, Sahalee, Quail Hollow, Bethpage Black and the very difficult Stranglehold course.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Welcome Gary! Glad to have you in the community. There are plenty of us here who play and appreciate the nuances of the real game of golf. I am sure you will fit right in.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Hi Gary,
Welcome to the site. It is always good to see players of yesteryear return to the game. If you have questions or problems, don't hesitate to ask. There are still lots of folks around more than willing to help.
Dar (aka, Tincup)
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Gary! Wecome to the community. The archtect takes awhile to get used to and master to a certain degree. The only way to do that is make some course's and read some tutorials. IT TAKES TIME. Check out Dars A or B rated course list in the utilties section for possible downloads. Many fictional courses are just as good or better then some of the real renditions. Have fun.