Members and new members introduce yourself

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Skywatcher
Weekend Duffer

Re: Members and new members introduce yourself

Post by Skywatcher »

Hey everyone!

I'm a Links player. Purchased PGA years ago, dabbled a little with the game back then but never continued with it.
Decided to install it again a few days ago. Messed with trueswing which I never really tried first time round and love it! This time I have given PGA2000 time and it really is a great sim! Fantastic that it runs so well on modern systems too. I'm hooked now! Took a decade and a half to find it but better late than never!

I have no idea of the game or community history but I wish to say a MASSIVE thanks to all the people involved in keeping the game alive! From the people involved with this site to all the designers and everyone else who has ever done anything for PGA2000.

When I pulled the game out I googled for PGA2000 courses and found the site. To find such a resource here after all this time is incredible!
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

welcome skywatcher,

Glad to have you. Yep, we are still going. Last count, there are 1,653 courses available for your playing pleasure. If you have any questions, just ask. There are lots of folks around who are more than willing to help. :)

Dar
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Skywatcher! Welcome - Hope to see more post from you. I saw your NHL post for 2015.
Skywatcher
Weekend Duffer

Post by Skywatcher »

Thanks guys! Wish I tried TrueSwing a decade and half ago! The number and quality of courses is amazing. I've downloaded and installed every library and downloaded 382 courses. I originally intended to download around 50 from Dar's A-list guide but it simply wasn't possible! Also great to have a comprehensive paper manual for the game which I kept. I did throw out the original game box and annoyed I did it now!
brandyyy67
Range Rookie

Post by brandyyy67 »

hi all found this link over at links corner, and must say this game is really holding up well considering its age,gameplay is gr8 and all the courses are awesome,ive been playing pc golf since the commodore 64 and leaderboard golf days,although its a first for me here as i went down the links ls route,i also play console golf on my ps3 and love TW 14 with my move and simstix attachment it gives me my real golf kick during the long winter months,im just getting the feel of the percentage shots here still and not shooting very low yet, but i like it like that,my only question would be adding loft im guesing its the bit in shot set up either forward or back in stance....what yardage roughly does each click add or subtract?
J.J.
Chronic Slicer

Post by J.J. »

If you go up to the top of this page, select Utilities, scroll down to the Tutorials section and then download the PGA 2000 Game Play Tutorials there's everything you could ever need to improve your game ;)

Footnote: First time I've looked at that incredible game play tutorial for many years. I'd forgotten just how good it is :bg:
msmvet
Chronic Slicer

Post by msmvet »

Hi guys, I'm 36, I live in Argentina far far south of pretty much everyone I think.
I started playing PGA with my older brother in 2001 and loved it for many years until my old PC decided to stop working. I lost all my PGA files so I couldn't play it anymore (Didn't know about The copyright club). I tried every TW edition, no one liked me, so I always missed this game. A few months ago, surfing the internet, I found a site with a selling add of PGA2000, so I started to look if it was alive and I gladdly found this blog.
Standing ovation for the people involved in this blog keeping the game alive so we the virtual golfers, could enjoy it until today.
Someday I will upload a desing. For the moment I'm too far of the quality desings of you guys. I'm just learning and trying to improve.
Thanks again to everyone who loves this game and helps keeping it alive (Designers, downloaders, players).
Greetings to all

Mariano
Skywatcher
Weekend Duffer

Post by Skywatcher »

Welcome Mariano! :wavey:
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Bienvenidos Mariano :wavey:
Tate
Range Rookie

Post by Tate »

I'm Howard Tate from Saint Louis, Missouri. I became addicted to PGA 2000 in 2004 when I turned 50. In the course of several moves, computer upgrades and changing interests I stopped playing, but I never forgot how much I enjoyed the game. Once in awhile I'd look for my boxed "Collectors Edition" and CD-Rs of downloaded courses but they got well hidden during one of the moves. While looking for something else entirely I recently found the game again and loaded it onto my new computer.

Wow, all over again. My love is rekindled. I'm sure to wear a groove in my desktop with my "mouse-club" this winter.

One thing puzzles me. I thought there was a way to disable/hide the gallery/spectators, but I can't find one. Maybe I was playing custom courses that didn't have spectators. The frozen audience doesn't seem to fit well with the rest of the experience.

Maybe I should modify a favorite course to include more interesting spectators, like zombies, super-heroes or bikini models. Or how about a (Where's) Waldo in each gallery? Or maybe a gallery filed with pro golfers from the past. Imagine being watched by Arnold Palmer, Payne Stewart, Jack Nicklaus, Harry Vardon and Tiger Woods. I'd slice every stroke!

Kidding aside, I'm thrilled to have re-discovered one of my all-time favorite time wasters. And I'm very pleased to see that the PGA 2000 community is alive and well.

Will I ever design a course? Probably not. I have more pastimes than spare time already.
I also play synthesizer. You can hear my music at aejotz.com