Members and new members introduce yourself

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Sam Seed
Range Rookie

Re: Members and new members introduce yourself

Post by Sam Seed »

Had a dream about this game, more about who i use to play with. Dug out my cd and loaded it up. Still the best golf game even tho i still suck at it. Then found this site, nice to see some old friends, nicer to see so many new names. Will check back often.

Sam Nelson
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Welcome, Sam.
Glad you found us.
Stan
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Sam Snead! With a name like Sam Snead how can you suck at this game? Whoops my bad Sam Seed. Glad to have a new member. Hope you enjoy this sight and a renewed passion for this great old golf sim.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Welcome to the site Sam. If you have any questions, just ask... lots of helpful people around.
Dar
TourBurner
Range Rookie

Post by TourBurner »

My name is and always has been TourBurner. I played this game along with most of the other online Sierra games from their very start w95 and win98, always with the Name TourBurner or Lt Mannock. I'm about to install TE & CE on Windows 7 pc's (two of them) is there anything I should know? As for tweaks, updates and fixes?

Will I be able to play online and how. the reason for the two machines, well besides the why not, is so I have the other pc available to play if one is busy, and so I can maybe play with a friend head to head, yes that would probably be after a few drinks ~ so I would be ripe for the picking ATT. :)

Any thoughts?

Hello from TourBurner,

Salute!
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

TourBurner! Welcome to the community. Be sure you go to the PGA 2000 utilities and download the patches 3.3.4.5 and CE patch then install. There are HUNDREDS of A list courses to play graded by Dar (Tincup). You can download his list from the utilities area. You can't go wrong if you download most any of the courses released in the past 3 or 4 years or using Dar's list. There's over 1500 courses avalible for download with new ones still being released after all these years.
Unfortunatly playing rounds online with Kali on Windows 7 or 8 I believe isn't possible. If you use the Tru Swing method you may have to adjust your mouse speed to suit your liking. Hope you enjoy this great old game.
epohs
Novice

Post by epohs »

Hi all. I am so thankful that you keep this site up. I miss the old days and the CC club. I think that was the name. I was a mod back then and kinda miss the fights all the people got into. So days there was no golf playing for me just keeping the peace lol. I really have lost my skill at playing got to learn all over I guess. Thanks to those that create the courses and post them. I had to figure out how to reg ocx again. Took me awhile but I got it. Had to go in as admin to get it to work. Can't play online I got windows 7. They really screwed us with that. There was nothing wrong with xp. O well you all keep up the good work and I'll try to post a little more often.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Welcome back - glad you found us!
bogeygolf
Weekend Duffer

Post by bogeygolf »

Hi All,

I have been with PGA 2000 since 2002.
I don't post as much as I wish I could (some great discussions I have missed out on), but my work and my family takes most of my time.
I am on my 6th tour year, although I lost 2 of those years due to computer crash. Now I backup my players and seasons.

This is by far The Best Golf Game Bar None! From the ball physics to tournament mode, and playablity.

I wish I had the time and of course more import the talent to design courses. T
here are some great courses out there.

Hope this game continues for many more years!

Bogey
epohs
Novice

Post by epohs »

First let me say I'm not a Tiger Woods hater. I love watching him play. That said his game ruined this golf game. When his came out we tried it and it sucked. No trueswing. But his name sold the game and Pga 2000 slowly died. They refused to sell true swing to Tiger woods golf so it still sucked. This game is so much better than tigers I just can't stand to play his. O well life goes on.