Gleneagle by Adam Brandt

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Gleneagle by Adam Brandt

Post by Polslad »

Start my Christmas holidays by downloading some of last years releases that I have missed.
What a corker my first one turned out to be.
Gleneagle is a course of opposites, expertly blended rought area's and textures, combined with perfectly manicured faiways and greens. Heavily forrested land plot but with wide open fairways and hole routes through the land plot. Severe uphill blind tee shots, combined with long down hill vistas with serious hang time on some shots.
I liked this course a lot. I particulary liked the blends used, I have been looking for something along these lines to use on a version of Royal Lytham & St Annes (if I ever open the architect again).
I'm relieved that I can play this course from the comfort of my own chair though, there are some serious elevation changes around this course, I don't think I would have the leg and lung capacity to play this one for real!
Overall, and excellent course from a very established designer.
Be careful on one of the par 3's though, you really don't want to be short on that one!
:/
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Gleneagle by Adam Brandt

Post by SteveHorn »

This is one of the many courses I haven't had a complete play through yet. I do have it and made a note that its a probable A list course from my quick look. I'll have to give it a tour stop so I make sure to give it a real good play through.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Re: Gleneagle by Adam Brandt

Post by bryce »

I think this is the one that Adam got the plot from somewhere in Montana, and turned it into a beauty. The rock work is amazing, as well as the rest of the course.