Installing Courses

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
fishinman111
Range Rookie

Installing Courses

Post by fishinman111 »

Just found my game in a case lying around, I used to play this all the time and can't wait to get back into it ! I forgot how to install downloaded courses though, any help? It's telling me the Correct libraries cannot be found ? Where do i install courses to ? Thanks to everyone !
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Re: Installing Courses

Post by Stan Nehilla »

fishinman111, Welcome.

Use the Course Manager to install courses. Then install needed libraries the same way.
All courses and libraries can be had by clicking above the Heading. Each course lists the needed libraries.
Good luck and if you have any problems, don't hesitate to ask. :up:
Stan
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

If anything still si not working yet, you want your courses and/or libraries to be highlighted on the left and installed in the courses folder on the right...like this:
courseloading.JPG
(61.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Welcome back fishinman111. With over 1600 courses avalible for download you may want to download Tincups A list of courses to help guide you to many of the better courses available
fishinman111
Range Rookie

Post by fishinman111 »

Where can i find TIN CUP'S A LIST?
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Fishinman,
It is in the Utilities section under PGA Listings. It is titled Dars A List Courses. The list is in two different formats: Excel spreadsheet and notepad.

Here is the link

http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/pga2000 ... ourses.zip

Dar (aka Tincup)
olazaboll
Range Rookie

Post by olazaboll »

Hello

New to the day at this forum and a total rookie for this game

I have tried to follw the above steps to install 2 custom courses but I get the flwg msg on both:

" Run-Time error ' 339 '
Component "XCDZIP35.OCX" or one of it despendencies not correctly registred: a file is missing or invalid "

I have unzipped the files I try to install , and the courses is "Ullna" and "TPC @ Avenel "

My OS is WIN XP

Any Ideas

Thanks
Ola from Sweden
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

olazaboll wrote: Hello
I have tried to follw the above steps to install 2 custom courses but I get the flwg msg on both:

" Run-Time error ' 339 '
Component "XCDZIP35.OCX" or one of it despendencies not correctly registred: a file is missing or invalid "

I have unzipped the files I try to install , and the courses is "Ullna" and "TPC @ Avenel "

My OS is WIN XP

Any Ideas

Thanks
Ola from Sweden
Ola,
This is a fairly common startup problem.

Go to the Technical Help section of this forum. The last item on the list is the one you are describing. That will tell you how to fix the problem.

Dar
olazaboll
Range Rookie

Post by olazaboll »

Thx ... Found It :)
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Wow, welcome to the best sim ever made!

Just one word on Ullna (which as designer I'm very pleased to read you're installing) this course has a "fast" green texture, which means you can expect your putts to act as though you selected the next fastest green type, ie normal=dry, moist=normal. By contrast Doral and Bay Hill have "slow" green textures (dry=normal, moist=wet.) You'll find various libraries have various characteristics, which is one the things that makes this (still) a great game.