Error when opening Course Architect

Help with questions or problems.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Error when opening Course Architect

Post by stillgolfing »

Thought I should make an effort to familiarize myself with The Architect and possibly answer some of my own stupid questions. When I started it up I got this error message. Did a search in the Tech and Design forums but didn't find any info. Has anyone seen this before? The program will continue, but I get notification that sounds are disabled.
Thanks, Dave
Attachments
Architect sound error.png
(278.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Re: Error when opening Course Architect

Post by sandwedge »

Did you create a library using the library creator? Could be a sound in that library is not it the proper bitrate form.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

No. What's Library Creator? I haven't done anything design wise yet. I was just opening up the Architect to fool around with it and I got this error.
What I have done (which might have, unknown to me, negative consequences), and was going to post about it as a seperate issue in the General Forum, is when using the Course Manager to install courses and libraries for a downloaded course, I sometimes forget to select the Courses file as the intended location; so the program automatically puts the files into the main PGA2000 file. Consequently, those libraries and courses are spread between the two locations. This hasn't manifested itself in any problems I am aware of. The courses play O.K., but with the manifestation of the sound error in the Architect, I thought maybe this file splitting might have something to do with it; so I was going to ask how to get this issue sorted out as I always felt somewhat uncomfortable not knowing where each individual library or course was located.
Thanks, Dave
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Did the Wizard open up when you opened up the Arch?

I'll go back to what I said on the design board. Get the Cloaker, install it. Go to page 2 which is the Libraries page (page 1 are courses; you don't need to cloak any of these.) Cntr+click on the top course and drag all the way to the bottom of your installed libes, then hit the cloak button on the right. This will cloack all your custom libes but'll leave the stock libes open (you can't cloak those.) YOU MUST CLOSE THE CLOAKER BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO OPEN THE ARCH.

Now open the arch tool again and see what happens.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

Indy Anna Jones wrote:Did the Wizard open up when you opened up the Arch?
Thanks Indy for following up. I'm going to take it one question at a time. The answer to this one is: Sort of a yes .... I guess?. After I O.K. out of the error message for "no sound" The wizard appears as expected. Obviously though I'm not going to be able work with sounds on any course I design.
Cheers, Dave
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

Indy Anna Jones wrote:I'll go back to what I said on the design board. Get the Cloaker, install it. Go to page 2 which is the Libraries page (page 1 are courses; you don't need to cloak any of these.) Cntr+click on the top course and drag all the way to the bottom of your installed libes, then hit the cloak button on the right. This will cloack all your custom libes but'll leave the stock libes open (you can't cloak those.) YOU MUST CLOSE THE CLOAKER BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO OPEN THE ARCH.

Now open the arch tool again and see what happens.
Done ... see results.
Dave
Attachments
CLTool error message.png
(38.43 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

When that question comes up click no. Then scroll down to the sahalee library and left click once. Now move your cursor to the column between the visible libraries and the cloaked libraries and right click. This will bring up some options. Look for the one that says protect stock objects and see if it has a check mark next to it. If it doesn't never mind about this part but if it has a check mark then left click on protect stock objects, This will bring up a question that says WARNING disabling stock objects protection..... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Do you still want to disable stock object protection? Click yes. Then double left click Sahalee library. This will open a visible library properties and if you look to the right and toward the top of that box you will see a box that says "set as default." Left click once on that box. Then left click once on close. Now the Sahalee library should be highlighted and next to it it should say "default library." Now right click once in the column between visible libraries and cloaked libraries. This will bring up those options again and scroll down until "protect stock objects" is highlighted and left click once. Then exit out and see if it works. Headgate is a custom library and you should never have a custom library set as your default. I hope this helps.
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

DC is right, Dave
Using Headgate as default library will cause you problems with sound as this library has no sounds in it.
Stan
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

Stan Nehilla wrote:DC is right, Dave
Using Headgate as default library will cause you problems with sound as this library has no sounds in it.
Stan;
Do you have any idea how this library became the default? The only thing I have ever done with libraries is download them with a course in order to play it. Could that have something to do with having libraries and courses mixed in two different directories (ref. my question about libraries in the General Forum)?
I am also concerned that the noted file splitting might cause other problems associated with Cloaking; so I have yet to pursue the above fix until I'm assured it's either OK to have libraries installed in two seperate files or I am advised how to move them all to the Courses File.
Thanks, Dave
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

As far as I know it shouldn't matter where the libraries are installed. I would guess when you tried to open the Course Architect program without cloaking libraries first it never made it to loading Sahalee and since it needed a default it picked something that did load. Just the act of opening the Course Architect program with too many libraries installed and not cloaked can cause strange things like that to happen. I know I have 368 libraries installed and if I try to open the architect without cloaking it will just crash and sometimes even uninstall libraries on me. The limit for libraries is somewhere around 70 but I always just cloak everything I'm not using in the course I'm working on.