Post from Wagers on Mygolfer

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Post from Wagers on Mygolfer

Post by SteveHorn »

Wishing you good luck in your fight against this horrible disease. Hopefully early in the new year your wish for approval of the bone marrow transplant will come true.
Robert D. Wagers
Shotmaker

Post by Robert D. Wagers »

Thank you all for the nice "well-wishes" and "words-of-encouragement!"
I have these Vidaza® treatments to deal with right now! Vidaza® is a "Non-Traditional" Chemotherapy drug. It makes one extremely tired and "zaps" your strength; but, it is designed to slow-down the progress of this disease. Once it turns into AML (Acute Myeloid Leukemia), it is fairly hard to treat! The survival rates are not good, once you decline into the AML classification.
I pray every day for this Vidaza® to work and slow it down enough until I can have this 2nd transplant!
Robert D. Wagers
Shotmaker

I JUST received "The Call" from Nashville!!! They wanted my sister Julie's phone numbers. They are setting her up for the "donor" portion of the transplant. She has to go first and when they have collected the appropriate-number of stem cells, it will then be my turn!

I guess I am a little nervous now, but am really happy that it seems that it is FINALLY gonna happen!

Lord knows I have TRIED to remain patient and optimistic, all while dealing with the Vidaza® treatments... It's been a long, dark and winding road, but I can finally see "the end of it" up ahead in the distance!

Thanks for reading!
RDW
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

YEAH BABY ! Good luck and keep us updated as much as possible.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Congrats Bob,
You know we will all be praying for a speedy recovery. I know it will be an ordeal, but you have your beacons to guide you through it. Your family is strong and that little girl you are hugging in the picture is reason enough to see it through.

Best of luck my friend,
Dar
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Awesome - this is good news. :up:
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

We're with you Wage.

Great news!!!!!!!!!!
Stan
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Great to hear this Robert! I hope this ordeal is going to change for the better. Good luck, and remember we are with you.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

I can only echo the sentiments of our friends here. God bless you, and I pray that this procedure finally does the job and you get well and truly healthy. :nod:
Robert D. Wagers
Shotmaker

When the Transplant Team called last Thursday, they stated that their call was a 30 to 45-day notification. The clock is "ticking" now! I hope that this transplant is successful, because I don't know how many more chemo cycles my body can take! It has been almost 7 years since my original diagnosis and my body has deteriorated from all the treatments. I'm only 40 but my body makes me feel like I'm 70.

Robert D. Wagers