Cliff Course by Terry Grayson

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Cliff Course by Terry Grayson

Post by spencerturner »

In 2003 , Terry (Graysonn) designed a course called Cliff Course at Mosteller Island. I was searching courses for something I have now forgotten and came accrosss this listing . Decided to download it since it was by Terry and I did not remember ever seeing it before. WOW what a great design. So many things to like here. The plot, bunkers, excellant greens, elevations, plantings, sounds, etc. A great package incoprerating all the design techniques you would expect from a seasoned designer. Terry , I think this is by far your very best effort. I am about to start a new course and am thinking of shamefully coping some of your features used here. If you all have not downloaded this course I strongly urge you to do so. I didnt check Dars "A" list but if it is not on it , it should be. Spencer.
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Re: Cliff Course by Terry Grayson

Post by Terry Grayson »

Wow I had forgotten about this course.... I think it was like my 4th or 5th (I think) I built...Back in the intial Coos bay library days..One thing that ruined this design for me, was, and I dont know what happened, but I ended up losing
every single planting on the entire course, it was like they all sunk below the terrain line, every single one of them... I had to lower the entire plot, which in turn made a ragged edge around it....Is this the course with all the cliffs along the 18th hole??? Or is that Lei Islands... Is that bad I cant remember?? (Well Im getting old)

I forgot what the course looked like, I may have to check it out... Thanks Spencer.... (BTW Stole the name Mosteller from my wife: It was her maiden name, ha ha ha)
Mike New
Chronic Slicer

Post by Mike New »

Terry,

Don't know if you know this, or have tried it, but here goes anyway. Maybe it'll be helpful for someone out there.

If you still have the architect plot, or it has happened again, select all the objects, hold down Ctrl, move them slightly, click undo and they should all conform to the elevations on the plot.
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

WOW Never knew that Mike...Thanks man!!!! After all these years I keep learning something new on this game
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

spencerturner wrote: I didnt check Dars "A" list but if it is not on it , it should be. Spencer.
Spence,
It is absolutely on the A-List. In fact, I have it as a top-tier A-Lister... one of the best of the best (my opinion only).

Dar