The Old Course- St. Andrew's 2010 by Polslad

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
ADC
Tour Contender

The Old Course- St. Andrew's 2010 by Polslad

Post by ADC »

Not sure if anyone has a review of this course or not, but just wanted to throw in my two cents.

Wow. Perfect blending of textures, but the star of the show here is the contours. There are a million little bumps, slopes, and hills, and there isn't a wrinkle or a scar to be found.

St. Andrew's became what it is because of it's history, and the game before 1950 was so much more an on the ground game. You couldn't approach greens from the air all the time. I played here with gusty winds and feel like I discovered for the first time why the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews really does have it all. From the tournament tees, the course is LONG, and all of the inward holes were dead into the wind, and I had to play that on the ground game. I shot a 77 and loved every single moment of it. What a course. And Polsad, you have produced what is by far THE best rendition of it I have ever seen. Breathtakingly beautiful and mindbogglingly creative. What a game. What a course.
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: The Old Course- St. Andrew's 2010 by Polslad

Post by SteveHorn »

ADC! As most of us already know, David is one of the best designers and King of the Links.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Re: The Old Course- St. Andrew's 2010 by Polslad

Post by Polslad »

'Master of tents and dead grass' I believe my epitaph was!

I'm glad you like the course, I had a lot of fun doing it. Hope you are playing in tournement mode, to get the best effect of the crowds and grandstands.