Let me update my status...

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
A Brandt
Club Champion

Let me update my status...

Post by A Brandt »

I thought I'd give everyone an update on what I have (and haven't) been cooking up for this year. Its been a while since I've really had a presence on here, but I haven't gone anywhere. Between playing Modern Warfare 3 and the new Elder Scrolls game, I haven't had much interest in designing.(damn video games!!) However, I actually have three courses in progress which is a first for me, usually I might start a new one just as I'm finishing up another one. One of the courses I've been working on for almost a year now, all I have left to do is planting. There are no trees, only a gazillion grasses and bushes! It takes me about 1-2 hours to plant one hole! But keep your eyes peeled for it soon.

The other courses I'm working on are in the early stages. One is inspired by Harbor Town and has the feel of a tight, south east ocean course. I am focusing on making it feel like a real PGA tour stop. The other course I'm working on doesn't really have an identity yet, I've only completed 2 holes. I don't even have a pano picked out for it! Maybe I've got too much on my plate!!

So this year should see at least 3 new Brandt designs. Hope they are enjoyed by all!!
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Let me update my status...

Post by SteveHorn »

Adam! Whats the name of the course that is soon to be released? Also don't feel bad about playing a good RPG like Skyrim or any of the Elder Scrolls series games. I'm so far behind in playing some video games. My son has tons of them and I play when I can. I just started playing (KOTOR) on the old Xbox about 2 weeks ago but I will get to Skyrim soon I hope. Shooters are fun but if you only play once in awhile playing online gets too frustrating.
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

Skyrim....or what I'm not during when not at school or playing PGA 2000.
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
A Brandt
Club Champion

Post by A Brandt »

Yep, that damn game is so time consuming!!

But as far as the name of my next release, I haven't decided yet. I did decide to name all of my future releases after places around my home state of MI. So you may have to wait until the course is released ;)
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

Up or LP?

May I say, Clarkston is among my favorites. I played there the other day. Dig that layout, and that amazing pano.
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
A Brandt
Club Champion

Post by A Brandt »

Thanks Alex, Clarkston is one of my favorites also. I thought I did a good job capturing the feel of late September/early October golf here in MI.

I live about 30 miles north of Detroit, but I will be naming my courses after places all over the state. However don't expect the courses to resemble the particular area they're named after.
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

Totally get it. Looking forward to them.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Adam,
Great to hear you're working on some new material. I'm the same way with video games. I'm an avid NCAA Footballer, Callof Duty, GTA etc....I also have been enjoying the golf weather that we have had here in NC. It's still in the 50's and 60's here, so it's hard not to go play. I'm inclined to finish at least 2 courses that I started last year.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

I've been working on a update to Hideaway Haven. That was mostly my 2nd design ever but of course need some reworking. Its been slow going and the first 4 holes have been mostly redesigned. Also the front nine ends at old #8 now. I still have aways to go before any release. About half of the holes are getting just slight touch ups or new greens or tee areas or whatever. The other half is almost completly reworked.
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

Guess it's time for an update of my own. Man, just when you think you have plenty of time to finish that course, real life beckons. On top of school, I also recently got the green light to shoot my first film this summer. This means that I am in preproduction pretty much most of the weekdays I'm not in school. I love it, and no, it's not a for money thing, it's just...massive. I will keep you all posted on what I'm doing PGA-wise, but I have no clue now when I'm going to find time to finish Marionic soon. There's so much to do for the film.

And, yes, I am loving the fact that I'm actually going to get to do this.