Cades Cove by Robert@

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
ADC
Tour Contender

Cades Cove by Robert@

Post by ADC »

Name: Cades Cove
Designer: Robert@
Type: Mountain Valley
Date: 1/4/2010
File Size: 18.6
Libraies: august, bayhill, blends2, bullock_run, ccove, cypress, metropolitan, new_library, ruggedcross, sammamish, victoria
Photo: #10, #14, Sp, Overview

Rating: * * * * *
______

Cade's Cove is a scenically impressive course that falls short in a number of places in my taste. The pano and blends are absolutely astounding (got to love the sun glints), and most of the holes are remarkably strategic. I especially enjoyed the par 5's, and the par 3 11th is among the best short holes over water I have ever seen.

The first thing against it is the library names, such as "Dance Floor" for the greens. That one I don't mind so much, but there are a LOT of bunkers on this course, and they kind of lose their intimidation when they are labeled "kitty litter." There are a few holes I find sort of gimmicky, the worst of which is the 14th. This has an minuscule green that juts up what looks like 30 feet out of the valley floor and is surrounded by OB and Hazard. The end result plays like a sort of a Postage Stamp hole on steroids. I know some might like this style of design, but I can't see it being built in real life. It ruins the illusion of actually being there to me.

That being said, the few bad hole shouldn't be too much of a determent. It is breathtaking beautiful, and long as all heck if the wind is in your face. And there can be no doubt that Robert@ is one of the best designers in the game. I just feel he fell up a little short on this one. Cades Cove is an enjoyable trek, even if it might not warrant a permanent place on the harddrive.

_______

(I wrote this and realized none of my links were active. I'm sorry, I don't know what's going on with my PC on that one. Here's the link to the download page http://golfsimclubhouse.com/pga2000/courses/c.htm)
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Cades Cove by Robert@

Post by BrianZ111 »

I have an Excel File that generates the link code when I post new course reviews. If you have Excel and want to post it the same way I do download this file: http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/pga2000 ... dsheet.zip Look up the ID number for the course on the courses sheet. Then click on the New Course Post sheet (Last One) Enter the ID for the course at cell B2 and copy and paste cells A10 through A15 into your post.