Website Construction Updates

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Website Construction Updates

Post by BrianZ111 »

Just thought I'd start a thread to keep you guys updated. The courses section is now open. Rather than waiting and putting everything up at once I'm just going to post pages as they get done. Thanks to Adam Brandt for the banner images and to Dar for helping get everything organized, uploaded, and helping figure out how to display everything. Enjoy! :bg:

PGA2000 Courses Section
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Website Construction Updates

Post by BrianZ111 »

So it turned out it was easier to do certain parts for every course page all at once then to complete each page one at a time. They are all now posted. Tomorrow I'll work on the libraries and misc. downloads pages.
scotty66
Weekend Duffer

Post by scotty66 »

You guys have done a super job getting this site up. :up:

I have one question though, Are you going to have a function to list new or recent courses like the old site? At present it looks like we need to scroll through each category to check the dates. Maybe an option to sort the courses using the date column would be another option. :)
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Scotty,
We have discussed this and recognize the need for a "recent releases" list. We haven't decided exactly what form it will take yet, but I think it is safe to say, there will be such a list.

Dar
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Great job Brian, Dar and Adam! After the craziness of Thanksgiving, I will get back into my reviews.
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Post by spencerturner »

Brian, do I understand you correctly that the new PGA Course Section you have created will be added at some point to the Board Index along with a Library section similar to the old website ? Spencer.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

There will be a main page where you can access everything (forum, course downloads, libraries, etc.) That will probably be a good place to put new releases and other news too. I will probably get around to creating this main page today.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Just curious ... Has anyone tried some downloads from the new site? If so, how did it go for you? :golf:
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

I just did a download test.
It went very well & smooth. No problems
Stan
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

Yep, I picked up a couple last night, Barren Hills and Murifield. Went flawlessly. Good work, guys!
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.