What's next?

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Pyecraft
Scratch Golfer

Re: What's next?

Post by Pyecraft »

Great to see you dragging out the shovels once again David! Not sure, but if Celtic Manor is indeed the Welsh Open's permanent home, perhaps that wouldn't be a bad choice. I thought it already been designed here, although the 2 course pics I just saw aren't very inspiring. Good luck with whichever course you choose to rework, your sure touch with the arch is bound to be an improvement. :)
May the only balls you slice be your own
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Celtic Manor by Unknown, released February 2002. I don't have it on my HD and don't know if it's a rendition or just a "course by any other name." Judging by the pictures I'd say it's a first time effort by someone, so Dave can add that course to his list of possibles. :)
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Celtic Manor by Unknown is certainly NOT a real rendition.
It's a poor design with bad planting and out-sized ( 2' to 3' tees) objects.
It's name is the only thing.

This would be a good one, Pols. Welsh Open & Ryder Cup
Stan
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Dave,

How about Royal Dornoch or Royal Portrush? Darnoch by Tom Steenstrup is a fictitious course - good, but not a recreation of a real course. Celtic Manor is a great course but I think I would rather play Royal Dornoch if I had to choose just one. Thanks for the effort on Royal Lytham - still enjoying this one - shot -8 on it the other day despite the bomb shelter bunkers :laugh: I thought that was an excellent score but then my daughter birdied the 18th to finish -9 for the round. Still can't beat them girls! :bg:
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

David! Just one more idea if you still are pondering WHAT NEXT! http://www.castlestuartgolf.com/
Play the video fly over. Its the course being played this season for the Barclay's Scottish Open
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Now why did you have to go and do that?
Steve, there are a few more excellent video's available on the website.
The course is the one I have had in my head for years now, the double level effect, I even tried it a little on 'Crook'O'Lune' years back, and was only thinking of something similar on the drive home from work today.
Do you think the architect would stand for as many points as that course would generate?
It looks amazing!
I would need some help with objects and pano though to get the setting right.
Listen to me already, sounds like I'm already planning it!
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

DO IT! Get it out of your system.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Won't be doing anything for a little while, too busy enjoying playing a season, something I can't do when designing, I have all the libs. cloaked.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

David! You should join us and keep us informed on your season in the general discussion area under "season play results". It doen't matter that your a few weeks behind, ahead or playing week to week the same tourny as the pro's
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

David you are familiar with the project tab on the Cloaker, right? Delightful little tool that allows you to save your project then click on it to cloak everything but the libes you need.