Old Timers Competition 2024

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Re: Old Timers Competition 2024

Post by tarheel »

I played a lot of rounds over the last two days. Over the last month, I've been focusing on pounding it down the fairways. I'm not sure if its really helping my game or not, but I'm getting some distance!

I’m really seeing a lot of courses I never played back in the day across these two tours. Its quite entertaining, but hard to keep up. I took on a really ambitious schedule.

Its really cool though across this tour and mine to see all the variety. Got to start thinking about what I’ll do when WS 24 ends in September.

Here is round 2 finally!
Attachments
Hickory Creek Golf Club - Tarheel - round 2.round
(24.5 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

I just watched Juan's Rd 3 at Pinecliffe and congratulations are in order. Juan put together the best round he has played since joining our little tour. :up: (See, I told you he was the dark horse!)

Not only did he post his lowest score, his round was bogey free and almost featured an Ace on Hole 4, where is tee shot just lipped out. He almost got another one on Hole 16, finishing just short of the hole. Add to this, four or five putts which literally shaved the side of the hole and it could have been even better. This great round cost him one shot on his handicap, but he still managed to put together two great scores in the Handicap and Stableford events. He'll be hard to beat if he keeps playing this well!

Off to have a look at Tarheel's Rd 2 now.

Cheers

Brad
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

just watched Tarheel's Rd 2 against my Rd 2 and yet again it was close, with the difference in the end being missed putts. Tarheel is driving the ball out of sight, but thankfully my putter was a little better behaved than his.

I had completely missed that Randy had posted his Rd 3 (Sorry partner!), so had the added bonus of watching his Rd 3, also against mine. Yet again, it was decided on the greens. As Randy indicated in an earlier post, my putter has been very good to me over the last few tournaments. But, given how much you guys are improving in every other aspect of the game, I am struggling to match you in the Handicap and Stableford events.

Here are the results for Rd 2, with Juan's improved form seeing him share the honours in both events.

Cheers

Brad

Attachments
Rd 2 Scores and Results.jpg
(18.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet
JuanMenestrina
Scratch Golfer

Post by JuanMenestrina »

my fourth round!
Juan
Attachments
Pinecliffe Golf Club - Juan Menestrina2024_4thRound.round
(27.02 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

And here is round 3
Attachments
Pinecliffe Golf Club - Tarheel - round 3.round
(24.5 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

just watched Tarheel's Rd 3 and Juan's Rd 4. The amazing thing I have noticed about Pinecliffe is the number of short putts that are being missed. Juan only had two bogies in 36 holes at Pinecliffe and they were both very short putts. Overall, across all the rounds I have watched, I reckon I have seen between 10 and 15 putts missed that were within 4 feet of the hole. I guess that says something about the quality of these greens, where you just can't relax and take anything for granted.

Tarheel's Rd 3 and mine were not all that different as far as driving and approach shots, but yet again, the difference was on the greens. This has been a common thread throughout this tourney where scores are either being made or lost on the greens.

Anway, enough of my ramblings. We have now finished Rd 3 and, not surprisingly, due to his best ever score, Juan gave us all a bit of a hiding. Well played Juan, a worthy winner! :up:

Cheers

Brad

Can't wait to see what gems Tarheel has in store for our next event.
Attachments
Rd 3 Scores and Results.jpg
(17.73 KiB) Not downloaded yet
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

I will get last round played this weekend and announce courses as well. stay tuned
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Next up:

Timber Crest Golf & Country Club
By Gene Villeneuve
Fictional woodland course in Michigan
Release January 2002
7619 yards, par 72
link: https://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/j ... olf_cc.zip

Round 1: BLUE TEE, Medium, Normal, Pin 3
Round 2: WHITE TEE, Mild, Hard, Pin 2

Diamondback Trail
By Jeff Helton and BJ Weworski
Fictional desert course in Arizona
JN5 course converted to JN6, released originally 1998
7222 yards, par 72
link: https://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/j ... ndback.zip

Round 3: RED TEE, Strong, Normal, Pin 1
Round 4: BLACK TEE, Medium, Hard, Pin 4

Enjoy a trip to the past!
Attachments
timber_crest-splash.jpg
(21.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet
diamondback_trail-splash.jpg
(28.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

All four tees in use and some strong winds. I like the look of this challenge. :up:,

Never played either of these courses, so really looking forward to seeing how well they have been designed.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Gene's courses sport some spectacular texture work.