Old Timers Competition 2024

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Old Timers Competition 2024

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

I know we are a long way from finishing our 2023 contest, but I thought I would give you a head start on our quest for the 2024 FedUp Cup. :first:

For our first event, I have selected two beautifully crafted courses, one fictional and one real. The first is Indian Cypress Resort, by Bill "Aristocrat48" McConnell. This is a truly beautiful looking course, with narrow fairways and challenges in abundance. I'm sure you will admire Bill's efforts in designing this terrific layout.

The second course is by none other than Maestro Terry Armstrong. I know from personal experience that doing a real course rendition is extremely difficult, but Terry's version of Kauri Cliffs is nothing short of superb. I put it up there with Daniel Higgins version of Whistling Straits!

To add a bit of excitement, for the first time on tour we will be playing in Strong winds in Rd 4. But don't fret, I've moved us up to the white tees to compensate for the wind.

So, dust off those Christmas cobwebs and I'll see you on the first tee for our inaugural 2024 event.

Cheers

Brad

Indian Cypress Resort: http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn ... ypress.zip

Rd 1: Medium Winds/Normal Greens/Pin 4/ Black Tee
Rd 2: Mild Winds/Hard Greens/Pin 1/Blue Tee

Kauri Cliffs: http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn ... cliffs.zip

Rd 3: Medium Winds/Soft Greens/Pin 3/Black Tee
Rd 4: Strong Winds/Normal Greens/Pin 2/White Tee.
Attachments
Indian Cypress Resort.jpg
(12.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Kauri Cliffs.jpg
(11.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet
aristocrat48
Chronic Slicer

Re: Old Timers Competition 2024

Post by aristocrat48 »

Hey Brad....thanks so much for using my course. It is indeed an honor. Hope everyone enjoys it!!!!
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

You're welcome, Bill. We like to play on the best courses, and this is surely one of them.

Merry Christmas mate!
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

I just played my Rd 1 on this beautiful course for you to play along with.

I thoroughly recommend that, when playing your round, you just admire how well constructed this course is. This is the calibre of course that, as a designer, you always hope to create. But, once you have done so, you struggle to better it. This course is an absolute cracker! :up:

Stay straight or pay the price is all I will say. This course does have teeth if you stray off the cut stuff.

Cheers

Brad
Attachments
Indian Cypress Resort - Brad The Dad - Old Timers - Rd 1.round
(23.69 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
aristocrat48
Chronic Slicer

Post by aristocrat48 »

Well....I better "update" that course as you just smoked it!!! I just watched your round...awesome!!!!!
Galen_Golf4676
Club Champion

Post by Galen_Golf4676 »

I needed some time to process RL stuff. I hope to rejoin the competition next month because it was a lot of fun and I need the distraction.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Galen,

so glad that you have decided to continue with our little band of merry men. Take as much time as you need my friend.

Cheers

Brad
Last edited by BradTheDad on December 29th, 2023, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Well....I better "update" that course as you just smoked it!!! I just watched your round...awesome!!!!!
Hi Bill, I have been hitting the ball pretty well lately. It can't last! :bg:

Cheers

Brad
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Round 1. Very well done golf course. Top tier for JN6 designs and appearance! Not easy at all.
Attachments
Indian Cypress Resort - Final - Tarheel - Round 1.round
(25.39 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

{day off work}+x / Log{cold weather} * 3'2nd + {caught up on WS rounds} =

Got another round of round of Old Timers 24 in

This course is even better the second time around. I love the variety of holes, the narrow fairways, the well integrated background and natural look to the trees and grass...all of it. This better not be the last release from our dear designer! Special mention to the two holes with alternate fairway to attempt landings on with power swings.

I wonder if the makers of JN6 even dreamed of having courses that look this great?
BTW...despite being a Tarheel, I'm a big Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan in the NFL, so gonna need some good vibes from you all to get us through Detroit this weekend... (Bill's avatar of the Steelers got me thinking about NFL)