Happy Hollow Golf Complex

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Re: Happy Hollow Golf Complex

Post by Sundance »

aristocrat48 wrote: January 9th, 2024, 8:10 am That is one beautiful course. One of the best backgrounds I have ever seen!!!! Great Job Steve!!!!!
Thank you Bill, very much appreciated!!
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

tarheel wrote: December 31st, 2023, 10:31 pm Cool. A well designed course has so much to think about! When I see your screen shots, I’m already thinking about how I would approach the hole setting up from the tees :)
Brad, I've seen your scores. You figure these courses out pretty fast! LOL
JReel
Shotmaker

Post by JReel »

The way the sky integrates and blends with the background is just phenomenal Steve! I don't recall any GBC course having that feature. It really gives depth to every view. Great stuff!
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

aristocrat48 wrote: January 9th, 2024, 8:10 am That is one beautiful course. One of the best backgrounds I have ever seen!!!! Great Job Steve!!!!!
I have to agree with this. Its pure genius :)
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

JReel wrote: January 10th, 2024, 5:32 am The way the sky integrates and blends with the background is just phenomenal Steve! I don't recall any GBC course having that feature. It really gives depth to every view. Great stuff!
Thank You Jeff! I believe your gem, Sleeping Bear Downs is about ready for release. Looking forward to that one Jeff, it really looks outstanding!
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

tarheel wrote: January 10th, 2024, 12:18 pm
I have to agree with this. Its pure genius :)
Thanks Tarheel!!!
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Steve,

having play-tested Jeff's Sleeping Bear Downs, I can assure you that this is an extremely distinctive looking course, which not only looks beautiful, but provides an amazing challenge, no matter which shot you are playing. It's a ripper!

Cheers

Brad
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

ImageWe're at the turn and heading in @ hole #10 here at Hollow Trails. Your going to see even more farms and granaries as we weave our way back to the 19th hole. Avoid the bunkers right and left, (hidden from the tee) of the landing area and it leaves you a long iron approach to a green circled by fairway and protected on the left front by a fairway bunker. This hole, if played right will yield a few birdies.
Views from the tee, approach and green.Image
Attachments
Clipboard02.jpg
(343.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Clipboard01.jpg
(384.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Attachments
Clipboard03.jpg
(400.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

With a standard drive to this narrow fairway, how far is it in to the green? Are we looking at a long iron approach?