Fremont Country Club

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
KSBC6499
Chronic Slicer

Fremont Country Club

Post by KSBC6499 »

Hi all
I finally got around to uploading my course design Ive had laying around forever...here is the link for Bruce's Spicegolf site

https://www.spicegolf.com/fremont_cc.html

Check it out if youd like,my 1st real course rendition
Jim Hall
Club Champion

Re: Fremont Country Club

Post by Jim Hall »

Looked up the course. You did a great rendition - even down to the clubhouse!
KSBC6499
Chronic Slicer

Post by KSBC6499 »

Hi Jim
Thats nice that you did that...there are many details I did that no one would know unless theyve played there or seen pics. Im really happy with the way it all came out. I still need to look at your Sazerac yet :bg:
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Kent, where have you been hiding all this time. Just finished playing Fremont and I think you have been using the architect for quite awhile. Went to look up up the course but not sure which one. Where is it located? Very nice course. I hope it will not be your last.
KSBC6499
Chronic Slicer

Post by KSBC6499 »

DC#1 wrote: October 21st, 2023, 10:34 am Kent, where have you been hiding all this time. Just finished playing Fremont and I think you have been using the architect for quite awhile. Went to look up up the course but not sure which one. Where is it located? Very nice course. I hope it will not be your last.
Hi DC
Ive been still keeping up with the game all these years..just havent designed anything in awhile. The course is in Fremont,Ohio right across the street from my house actually. Ive never been able to play it since its private,thats why I made it so I could play it somehow. I would really like do another real course in my area but I just dont know which one to pick. Thanks for taking the time to play and for the nice comments.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Kent, I grew up in a town 30 miles east of Cleveland; Painesville ,Ohio. I know where Fremont is. I am currently working on the course I played growing up called The Reserve @ Thunder Hill located in Madison. It closed 13 years ago and like you I wanted to play it anytime I felt like it. Maybe design the course you played growing up or are currently playing. Just a thought.
KSBC6499
Chronic Slicer

Post by KSBC6499 »

DC#1 wrote: October 22nd, 2023, 10:45 am Kent, I grew up in a town 30 miles east of Cleveland; Painesville ,Ohio. I know where Fremont is. I am currently working on the course I played growing up called The Reserve @ Thunder Hill located in Madison. It closed 13 years ago and like you I wanted to play it anytime I felt like it. Maybe design the course you played growing up or are currently playing. Just a thought.
That course you were looking at doing looks sweet. If you havent seen this site there is a nice kinda course tour to look at

http://www.elitegolfcourses.com/thunder/

I play something different every time I go out so I dont really have a home course.. although Ive considered doing Sycamore Hills in Fremont cuz I used to be a member there and could probably design it out of memory alone lol. There is one A 9 holer in Youngstown Oh called Lakefront that was the first time Ive ever golfed...its closed now,that could be another nostalgia design.... I hope you have success building The Reserve. Do you have any other courses? I couldnt find anything under DC#1.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Kent
If you're looking for a course to challenge your skills look up Top 100 courses in the World or Top 100 courses in America or Top 100 public courses. Your sure to find something in those lists to tickle your wicket.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

These are the courses I have done in order; Rolling Hills GC, The Lakes Course @ Pine Ridge, Sierra Country Club, Desert Sands Golf Club (inherited from Terry Grayson), Grand National Golf Club. Yes I have that website. It is good to get pictures of the holes of a lot of courses. Brian Zager, the administrator here put together a LIDAR file that I used for The Reserve @ Thunder Hill.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Hey Kent, How about Inverness by Toledo? The course has never been done.