courses list

Help with questions or problems.
JuanMenestrina
Scratch Golfer

courses list

Post by JuanMenestrina »

i can´t download courses from the course list. It seems like the link is down. Any idea?

Juan
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Re: courses list

Post by tarheel »

It looks like all the courses have somehow been deleted on the server. I have been corresponding with our forum host. Hopefully they can be recovered but if not, I have all of the course files on my hard drive and then some. I will try to put them all back up, but I don’t have the original zip files with the extra content. I am working on that as well. If you need a specific course I could find a way to get it to you.

If you need either of the courses for our current old-timers competition, I already put a temporary link up where the course conditions are posted
Archstanton62
Range Rookie

Post by Archstanton62 »

I can download courses on my Apple computer, but when I transfer them to a Windows computer to play on game, the files don't register on the game. Anyone know why this happens.
My windows is an old computer and I can't download on there due to "secure channel support" error message.
Any advice appreciated
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

I think you need to make sure the game and courses are installed to a custom folder not default. I installed the game to C:\golden Bear Challenge

Also, make sure the folder has admin rights and that the files are not read only.

This is only a guess.
aristocrat48
Chronic Slicer

Post by aristocrat48 »

Archstanton62
Range Rookie

Post by Archstanton62 »

Thank you for the help. I've managed to download some courses but they are .xcr files and won't load on game. Older ones I have are .course files.
Is there anyway I can change these?
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

All the jn6 courses here, which I uploaded, are in .course format once unzipped. I have no idea why they would show up to you as xcr
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

I know PGA2000 courses can show up as a xcr file. It has been compressed.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Thats probably it. Make sure you are downloading JN6 files vs PGA files and placing them appropriately.
Archstanton62
Range Rookie

Post by Archstanton62 »

I was on the PGA 2000 page. I feel such a fool. But thanks for helping me out. You guys have been brilliant. Cheers.