files

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

files

Post by tarheel »

All of a sudden, I am unable to get the forum to accept either a .zip or a .round file. Has there been a behind the scenes update? j are there limits on useres total number of files allowed or stoarage limits? I post a lot of pics and .round files for example.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Re: files

Post by tarheel »

Odd, now I was able to post without a problem.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

I have no idea what is going on but all zip files have been deleted from the site. Putting in a contact to HostGator, hopefully they can give me an answer.

I don't have all of these files myself so we might be in some trouble here. Dar uploaded all of the PGA files and I never downloaded them all to my computer. I only have the ones I've played. Stupid in retrospect. And I don't have hardly any of the JN files.

I don't really have time to deal with this. I'm too busy with work. I need this site to run itself.....I don't know what to do if HostGator can't restore these files.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

I have noticed that all courses seem to have vanished from the JN6 folder. Though I do not have easily retrievable the original .zip files, I am very pleased to say that I have about 1500 ".course" files comprising what I believe to be the best of the best of the game, and could upload them if needed at some point. I think Randy has the original .zips and I have written him to see if I can again access his master files
Galen_Golf4676
Scratch Golfer

Post by Galen_Golf4676 »

The 403 error may indicate that permission to access the JN6 directory has changed.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

I'm waiting for our host to have a chance to get a closer look at it to see if its a simple fix. I've already started uploading files. I think I've put 40 to 50 zips in there so far.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

I think the index.htm file in the folder which described how to list files in the folder on the browser was deleted also. I don't have an html editor, so this would have to be replaced by admin.

meaning that .../jn6/files/courses is missing the .index.htm file.

Once its replaced, all the courses I'm uploading should show up.

update: as of 6/23, I have uploaded all my courses starting with "A"
6/29, added about 20 « b » courses
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Apparently the file that allows people to view the directory listing was also deleted. I've fixed this.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Thank you. When I return from vacation, I will resume uploading courses. Working my way down the alphabet
Galen_Golf4676
Scratch Golfer

Post by Galen_Golf4676 »

BrianZ111 wrote: June 29th, 2023, 10:08 pm Apparently the file that allows people to view the directory listing was also deleted. I've fixed this.
I find this unexplained file deletion and permission change, basically undoing a lot of hard work, rather disturbing.