Missing Library...Library Not Installed

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Pyecraft
Scratch Golfer

Re: Missing Library...Library Not Installed

Post by Pyecraft »

I'm getting to the point where I'm too busy to run this site ...
Well Brian, your efforts keeping PGA alive has already become legendary.
Trusting there's someone left here that knows files well and can perhaps pitch in to help.
I'd be a complete liability to the site in this regard, but if having hard copies back-ups helps
at all, I'd be delighted to dispatch you discs of some 500 hundred PGA 2000 courses, utilities,
libraries and game installation.
They were generously compiled and mailed to me by Stan some years back; maybe someone
else here would find them useful. Let me know please, and I'll pack 'em off to you.
May the only balls you slice be your own
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Thanks Pye, I've tried...

Is there any chance I can get you to just upload that stuff to some file sharing site or to this site? That would be easier than trying to mail something I think.

Apparently I contacted the wrong section of support at my web host because the response I got was, we don't deal with this, go talk through this other from of communication. I haven't done that yet, I don't have much hope for that helping.

So I've gotten back from my last trip, recognized I'm behind on some other work as a result of that trip, I'll be visiting family over the holiday on the 4th, and have to make another work trip probably around the second week in July. I just don't know how I'm getting to this anytime soon. Working in the golf industry is cool, but not conducive to doing other things! This website could be dysfunctional for awhile. Sorry guys. I don't know what else to say. I'll try to keep you all informed.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Brian
Don't worry about it. We are confident that when you get the time, we'll get it all worked out and running properly to the best of our ability. I certainly hope that people in this community have all the courses they need to keep us entertained for now.
Have a nice holiday. Try not to work to hard.
shot meister
Chronic Slicer

Post by shot meister »

Brian and all,

I am willing to transfer as much as I can to the file upload site I use. If I have to, I will add more space...I have 20 gigs to work with now. I am also going to add sections to my www.spicegolf.com site for PGA Championship Golf 2000. When I get the index page done, I will post a link to it. I have a lot of stuff already from this site downloaded, but am missing quite a bit of the courses and libraries. If you have them backed up, I will be willing to pay to have them sent to me and I'll make copies for free of the material.

I am retired and have the time to devout to this revolutionary PC game which set the stage for all the Tiger Woods PGA Tour editions and probably had a lot of influence on other PC golf games also.

Bruce Ryder
shot meister
Chronic Slicer

Post by shot meister »

Here is the link to the PGA Championship Golf 2000 page I have created: http://www.spicegolf.com/pgaindex.html (quite a few of the links are already functional on its menu). If anyone is interested, there is video of a Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 course I created on this page: http://www.spicegolf.com/gannonlakegc.html. This will give those who have never seen the game play or some of the detail one can create with it a glimpse of what a course looks like. Tiger Woods PGA Tour from 2002 onward was made by the same group (Headgate Studios) that made PGA Championship Golf.

Bruce Ryder
KSBC6499
Chronic Slicer

Post by KSBC6499 »

shot meister wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 3:22 pm Here is the link to the PGA Championship Golf 2000 page I have created: http://www.spicegolf.com/pgaindex.html (quite a few of the links are already functional on its menu). If anyone is interested, there is video of a Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 course I created on this page: http://www.spicegolf.com/gannonlakegc.html. This will give those who have never seen the game play or some of the detail one can create with it a glimpse of what a course looks like. Tiger Woods PGA Tour from 2002 onward was made by the same group (Headgate Studios) that made PGA Championship Golf.

Bruce Ryder

This looks like it could be interesting...I wrote before in a previous post that I have all courses and libraries from the beginning of the game through 2006,its over 1000 courses if I remember right. I can send them to you if ever need them . It would be nice if someone had 2006 till now.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

I have around 350 courses and about 500 libs on my PC.
I think I downloaded one of the A list course lists and are still working my way through them.
When the dust settles, post what we are missing and we can see what I have.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Also have around 100 courses currently installed in my Sierra folder, but obviously, none are compressed or zipped.
Pyecraft
Scratch Golfer

Post by Pyecraft »

shot meister
you have a pm
Pye
May the only balls you slice be your own
shot meister
Chronic Slicer

Post by shot meister »

Got the PM and am awaiting the discs. I have uploaded quite a bit of stuff...mostly just my own so far and still have only used 1.8 GIG of space. We will see when I get a lot of stuff how it goes!

I just put together a little history lesson for Headgate Studios on my site. If you have anything else to add let me know: Here is the link: http://www.spicegolf.com/aboutpga.html.

Bruce Ryder aka Shot Meister (actually I am not a good shooter!)