Removing any "YarraYarra" objects from my course

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
masospaghetti
Weekend Duffer

Removing any "YarraYarra" objects from my course

Post by masospaghetti »

Somehow I accidentally added an object or texture from the YarraYarra library onto my course. It's shown as a "library in use" and I want to remove it. Is there any way to find what objects or textures are being used from this library?
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Removing any "YarraYarra" objects from my course

Post by BrianZ111 »

You can use the cloaking tool to help with this:

http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/pga2000 ... ol_2_0.zip
  • Go to the projects tab, click New, and add your *.ach file as a project if you haven't already.
  • Double click on your project in the list.

Even if you delete all objects, a library will still show as being used if it was once previously used for objects. When the *.ach file doesn't actually have anything from a library listed in use, it will show with an asterisk next to the library name here in the cloaking tool. If you click the Fix sticky button it will remove these libraries from the file.

If you are actually still using something from the library:
  • Click the Lib details button
  • Click the plus sign next to the library you want to see

There will be a list of numbers after objects and/or textures. This in theory corresponds to the order they appear in the library from left to right although I've found not exactly. First, I think the first one is 0 so start your count with 0. Then I think if someone deleted an object or texture while working on creating the library, the number stays allocated but the object doesn't show anymore. So it's still a bit of a guessing game but if you see the number 20, it is at least 20 objects or textures in counting left to right in the library, but it may be more.
One way you can get rid of all objects of a type is to place one of that object on the terrain and then hold the control key and double click the object. Now all of the objects of that type on the plot are selected and you can hit the delete key to delete all of them. Or instead you could change all of them to an object form a different library by right clicking one of them while they are all selected and choosing properties.

The best way to get rid of all of a texture without knowing where it is would probably be to replace it with something similar from a library you want to use. To do that you'd drop a shape using the texture you want to get rid of, right click on it and select properties, put a check mark in the "apply change to all objects of this type" box, and change the texture.

Note, I always save version numbers in file names as I go so I can go back if something goes wrong, especially for potential major changes like changing all of an object or texture type. For example if you change it to something you're already using and then you decide you want to go back, you can't without also changing the ones that were already of that type. So keep multiple versions of the file until you know you won't want to go back.
masospaghetti
Weekend Duffer

Re: Removing any "YarraYarra" objects from my course

Post by masospaghetti »

Tool worked perfectly. YarraYarra library had a asterisk by it, fixed sticky and all is good. Thanks!