Increasing view (render) distance above 750yd

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
masospaghetti
Weekend Duffer

Increasing view (render) distance above 750yd

Post by masospaghetti »

In game, the max render distance is set at 750 yd, are there any tricks to increase it? PGA 2000.

In this image, the horizon looks like an ocean because it's not rendered but there are actually trees and hills there. It really messes up the look/feel of the course. This is "Red Fox Country Club" in NC that I am just finishing up and will make available in the library.
redfox1.PNG
(752.31 KiB) Not downloaded yet
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Increasing view (render) distance above 750yd

Post by BrianZ111 »

No known way that I know of currently. It may be possible with some poking around and modding the EXE with a Hex editor...I'm thinking it's possible the settings are arbitrary and it could be as simple as making different distances show up in the options, especially since the architect camera view doesn't seem to be limited. Even if it is that simple it would still be a bunch of reverse engineering work to figure out how to do that though. On the other hand it could be a hard limit in the rendering engine in which case it would be almost impossible to change. Hard to say really without getting in there and messing around with it. I might take a look at it at some point but I wouldn't have time anytime soon. Your best bet is to try to create a pano to take the place of what is missing in the background.
masospaghetti
Weekend Duffer

Re: Increasing view (render) distance above 750yd

Post by masospaghetti »

Thanks for replying. Good idea about the panorama, I used the one from "Black Diamond Ranch", while not perfect it's significantly better.
Attachments
redfox2.PNG
(770.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet