The Marsh Course at Cumberland by Steve Horn [New Course]

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

The Marsh Course at Cumberland by Steve Horn [New Course]

Post by BrianZ111 »

Course: The Marsh Course at Cumberland (14 MB)
Type: Fictional, Wetlands
Designer: Steve Horn
Date: 5/21/2023
Libraries Used: barrenhills, chiltonhills, cypress, neswild, oceanside, pebblebeach, portmarnock, TerraFab, victoria, woodfordpark
KSBC6499
Chronic Slicer

Re: The Marsh Course at Cumberland by Steve Horn [New Course]

Post by KSBC6499 »

Has anyone tried to play this yet?? Something is wrong with my download.. the screen opens and I can play hole 1, but the game crashes when I go to hole 2. Ive tried reinstalling course and libs, but still doesnt work. Anyone else have a problem? Edit- I tried the practice setting and found that the game crashes on hole 2-3-4 9-10 and 18 all the other holes show up. Seems like a library issue somehow. Steve, is there a certain library used on those holes??
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

KSBC6499
Wow I never had any crashing issues in many test play's. At this time all I can suggest is make sure all libraries are installed properly and aren't 0 in size in your course manager. I'm running window's 11 if that info is any help? Here is all the libraries including stock needed for the course.
Barren Hills - Chilton Hills - Cypress - Nes Wild - Ocean Side - Pebble Beach - Portmarnock - Terra Fab - Victoria and Woodford Park.
Stock libraries needed are, Black Diamond Ranch -Bridges - Buildings - Cabo del Diablo - Canaveral Dunes - Coeur d'Alene - Miscellaneous -
Monterey Shores - Pasatiempo - Pete Dye - Royal Birkdale - Sahalee - and Whisperwood. Please let me know if you can get it working.
One other idea is that you may have a library installed that I haven't had installed during my testing that somehow is causing the crash issue. I know a lot of people have almost everything installed. I only have stock libraries installed and maybe appox. 25 other libriares that I need to play the next few courses on my season tour installed.
Jim Hall
Club Champion

Post by Jim Hall »

That is really strange since you will usually get a missing library warning on install including the stock ones. KSBC6499, hope you get it up and running, looking forward to your reviews which are appreciated as always!

Steve, really like the 15th hole. If this was a real course and I played that hole IRL I would undoubtedly be in that back right bunker then fly it into the water trying to get out :)
KSBC6499
Chronic Slicer

Post by KSBC6499 »

Thanks for the info Steve, Ill go thru everything again...what I did play looks fantastic... ill give you my thoughts if I can get it going
Kent
(KSBC6499)
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Jim Hall
Were you able to install and play the whole course without any issues?
Jim Hall
Club Champion

Post by Jim Hall »

Steve, haven't installed or played it but will. Just can find a library named "Nes Wild".
KSBC6499
Chronic Slicer

Post by KSBC6499 »

Hi guys,
Well still no luck for me. I did the original install on Windows 10 laptop,where I was only able to play select holes. I tried on my Windows 7 desktop and the game crashed even before the game loaded,so somethings wrong. Hopefully Jim will give an update on his findings. I did notice the neswild library is available next to the course download,but its not in the library download page. I actually tried installing neswild from an old CD I had. Still no difference.
Jim Hall
Club Champion

Post by Jim Hall »

Steve - installed and started to play the course on practice (Windows 10). Crashed on 2 when I hit the ball on the green and hit "follow". Tried it again - got on the green, but it crashed again after hitting "follow". After the second crash the course would not load at all - kept kicking me out of the game. Reinstalled the course, reopened the game, same result - course wouldn't load, game crashed. So - I never got past hole 2. Oh, and it also crashed when I tried to open the top view. Very strange as it sounds like it may be a Windows issue. Hope someone can come up with a fix, I liked what I did get to play!
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

I loaded it up and the game crashes on the first tee shot for me when it tries to load the reverse view of the tee shot landing. So I loaded it up again and turned my player around and that worked fine but then I turned my player to look 90° left off the first tee and it crashed. Loaded it up again and was able to reproduce it. Turn player 90° left, click move camera, crash.

Normally I would think a library mismatch. For example if there is a different version of a library floating around with the same name that has some extra objects and Steve used those objects, then when one of us who has the other version gets to a point where one of those objects is viewed, and our library doesn't have them, the game crashes. So we could try to compare date modified and size of all of the custom libraries the course uses to what Steve has.

However I'm not so sure that's it because when Steve uploaded the course he included all the custom libraries packaged with the course. I removed and repackaged it before making it available because we only include new libraries in course packages on this site. But the act of using his original package when I installed the course should have overwritten all of those libraries in my game install. So I should have exactly what Steve has and yet I'm still getting the crash and apparently he is not.