The Marsh Course at Cumberland by Steve Horn [New Course]

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: The Marsh Course at Cumberland by Steve Horn [New Course]

Post by BrianZ111 »

Here are the library dates and sizes that I have which would have came out of Steve's original course package file if anyone wants to check against that. There a bunch that the dates don't make sense on, but sometimes when you unzip a file the dates get changed so if Steve unzipped and installed those libraries on those dates, the date may have just changed and they may still be the same library. I don't think that should matter so checking against the size is more important. But again, I am getting the crash so this set of libraries is not working either.

cumberland_marsh_libs.gif
(17.97 KiB) Not downloaded yet
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

KSBC6499 wrote: May 25th, 2023, 3:37 pm I did notice the neswild library is available next to the course download,but its not in the library download page.
Thanks for pointing this out. Somewhere along the way we lost all of the libraries starting with the letter N on the libraries page. I have corrected this. You may have to refresh the page if your browser has cached the old version of the page.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

To All
I just looked and the neswild library is listed in the PGA2000 library area. I'm thinking that since I boo booed on the upload I should just reupload the course and have Brian delete the one that I uploaded a few day's ago.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

TO ALL
I just uploaded this course again after making a few very minor changes. Once Brian gets to submitting it to all to play, please try again and let us know if it works. Another possibility is to also download the library, Castle Stuart. It used to be part of the course but shouldn't be now.
Jim Hall
Club Champion

Post by Jim Hall »

I will give it a try when the new upload becomes available.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

To All
Brian and I are still working on a solution to the crashing problem. It still works fine on my computer. We both agree that its a library conflict of some kind. It could be Coo's Bay library if installed but we still are unsure of that. Brian has been busy with work lately and will get back to me in a few days. I will inform all if and when this issue is fixed and up and running.
Thanks to all
shot meister
Chronic Slicer

Post by shot meister »

I was able to have the course load and to play the first two holes on my Windows 7 and Windows XP computers. It seems to me that if it isn't a library conflict....a course will not load if it is missing a library....it might be that there is too much detail on the course or the architect file has too many points in some of the land shapes. I always check that and set the gauge at its lowest setting (2000 points) not the default 65000. I have a lot of experience working on the TW 08 architect program (runs almost exactly as the PGA 2000 one) and not as much experience with designing PGA Championship Golf 2000 courses, but I'd be willing to take a look at what you have and hopefully find a solution because I really liked the first two holes I played. The course looks like a real gem and it's a shame it isn't working correctly.

Bruce Ryder
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Bruce
Thanks for the offer but I haven't given up hope on fixing it myself. I stopped working on this issue about 3 weeks to a month ago because of the problems this site was having. Did the course crash on hole 3 for you? Most people have had it crash somewhere in the first two holes, so if you played the first two holes with no problem that's a first. Once again thanks for the input and I'd sure like to know where exactly it crashed when you played.
shot meister
Chronic Slicer

Post by shot meister »

Steve,

It crashed right after I finished hole 2. So, my guess is that the issue might be too much detail on hole 3 and maybe afterwards. I hope you get it fixed because I was really impressed with the first two holes and disappointed I could not play more.

Bruce
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

I still think the issue is most likely a library issue and referencing an object or texture that isn’t in the version of the library we have. When I finally get some time I will try to help out or maybe Bruce can get it figured out first. For what it's worth, my experience with points in PGA 2000 is if a single shape has more than about 175,000 points, the architect starts crashing. I have not had a complied course crash that didn’t crash in the architect first due to points but maybe that is possible if a shape is close to the limit. There doesn’t seem to be a limit on total points. I have plots with 3,000,000+ points divided up into enough shapes to make that work, and complied and played them without crashing.

Hopefully we are close to resolving the site issues here and things can get back to normal, but we lost all the courses again this week. Luckily I downloaded everything in the short time it was working so we are not in as bad a shape as we were last time but I'm trying to find out what is going on here.