Hello, all

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
TenSixty6
Chronic Slicer

Hello, all

Post by TenSixty6 »

Hello, friends

My name is TenSixty6. I used to hang around here a lot, ages ago, as ADC. I'd have logged in with the same account, but I'd quite forgotten the email associated with it.

I found this site again recently, and a wave of nostalgia hit me, both for PGA Championship Golf, and the friends I met here. I was just wondering who was still around, and what you were up to in this day and age. I'm still in love with designing golf courses, but do most of my work via PGA2k23 (formerly known as The Golf Club) on Playstation. If anyone here plays 2k23, or has done any work for it, say hi. I'd love to see your work. I know I've seen Brian Z's work around in the Lido, one of my favorite designs ever, and congratulate him on his real life course design work, as well.

I'm amazed to read there are still ways to play PGA on Windows 10 and later. I've tried to install it, but I lack the computer literacy to convince my laptop it can work. Hope all is well with you, friends.

TenSixty6 (ADC)
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Hello, all

Post by BrianZ111 »

Hey, ADC, good to hear from you again. Happy to hear you still have the designing bug.

I play 2k23 by force :laugh: (I’m not a fan of the swing system) once a week as that is what my group of friends that still meets up online plays every week now. Have you published any courses? Maybe I’ll get us to play one of yours some week.

Thanks! I’m incredibly lucky to be involved in the Lido. All credit to Peter Flory for the versions of Lido you can play in TGC/2k21/23. Besides not being big on the game play, I find the designer UI very painful to use. I do know a lot about Chad’s LiDAR tool and importing and exporting elevation data from the game but I couldn’t do much in the designer itself beyond that. I’ve jumped through a lot of hoops to keep the PGA 2000 architect relevant for this work as it is where I’m most comfortable shaping. Glad you’re able to make the 2k23 designer work for you though. :up:

You should be able to just install PGA 2000 and then follow the directions in this thread to get it working in Windows 10: http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/forum/v ... php?t=1188

The file in the dead dropbox link from that thread can be downloaded here: http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/pga2000 ... ga2000.zip
TenSixty6
Chronic Slicer

Post by TenSixty6 »

Brian,

Oh, man. I'm sorely tempted to ses if I can get this running again. Thank you. Can I still find the basic game files here? Does the same fix work for Windows 11?

I don't have as much time as I'd like for design these days, though I'll always be a designer at heart. I'm currently back at university to finish my degree, so some things have precedence. But it's great to hear from you.

I agree with a lot of what you say about 2k. It's from intuitive. It is, however, pretty powerful once you wrap your head around it. As for the game play, I find it a relatively accurate translation of the real game to a console, so it satisfies the golf bug in me, at least.

And please, feel free to call me Ten. It's what I am on 90% of social media these days.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Top link on the utilities page is the new installer that Viper made: http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/pga2000/utilities.htm

I've never heard of anyone having trouble with the new one but if for some reason it doesn't work then the old one made by Chas is still available from the second link.

I believe if I'm not mistaken, Steve Horn is running it on Windows 11 without any issues.

I think that's just it for me as far as 2k goes, it was really made for a console, and I'll always be a computer guy / PC gamer. The PC version feels like an afterthought. My primary two complaints are tempo causing draw/fade instead of swing path and the speed at which you move forward having no effect on how far the shot goes for touch shots like pitches, chips, and putts, so there's no finesse to the game.
TenSixty6
Chronic Slicer

Post by TenSixty6 »

I'm absolutely going to try to get this going at some point. For now, I have trouble even installing CD1, as I get these messages when I try. Any help is appreciated. I'd love to play this game again.

Any chance people would be willing to walk me through whatever issues might arise on my end?
Attachments
cd1a.png
(96.89 KiB) Not downloaded yet
cd1b.jpg
(137.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

TenSixty6
You may have to tell your security - antivirus setup to except. Many older files and disc are considered a threat because it isn't recognized by your security, so it considers it a threat. Did you try to open it or were you afraid to do so.
Also, you need to run the game in a compatibility mode. I have windows 11 and use windows XP I think it's with service pack 2 or 3. You can use other older windows OS.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

When you open the ISO you should get the following:

I take it you aren't even getting that far? Unfortunately I don't have any ideas on why.
Attachments
pga_wincdemu.jpg
(33.23 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

I haven't heard that name in a long time. Nice to hear from you. I just bought 2K23 about a month ago. It is the first one in the series that I have purchased. What name do you releases courses under so I can try them out? Did you release any courses for PGA2000 as I couldn't find any with ADC? Welcome back and I hope you get PGA2000 working. I still enjoy it.
shot meister
Chronic Slicer

Post by shot meister »

This is not a "Hello, all" post as it is a "Welcome Back" post. I have been away from PGA Championship Golf for too long and have decided to continue coming here, downloading and playing these great courses, contributing what I can in the way of new courses (architect name is Bruce Ryder) while giving some advice to others. Cheers!!! It is great to be back and getting into the swing of things again! :)
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

shot meister
Welcome back, was it the computer golf gods that made you want to give it another go?