Hello, all

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
TenSixty6
Chronic Slicer

Re: Hello, all

Post by TenSixty6 »

BrianZ111 wrote: May 13th, 2023, 12:36 pm It is listed under the file name arch on the libraries page. Here's a direct link: http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/pga2000 ... s/arch.zip
Thanks! It's been a LONG time, so forgive- I extract this to the Bin folder? And can install it in the Course Manager from there?
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

My default libraries show as being in C:\SIERRA\PGA2000 Titanium\Courses\Architect. As far as I know you can extract them anywhere though, you just have to find them in the course manager when installing them. The courses folder is easiest though because it defaults to looking there.
TenSixty6
Chronic Slicer

Post by TenSixty6 »

run into a bit of a dead end. The old library can't be uninstalled, and the new library can't overwrite it. Might be the end of the line?
Jim Hall
Club Champion

Post by Jim Hall »

A crazy suggestion. I'm not running Windows 11 but have had no issue running the game in Windows 10 (I run everything as administrator, Windows 8 compatibility for gameplay, Windows XP Service Pack 2 for the architect). I used the following for game installation which are located in the utilities section of the site:

pga2000_game_installer_by_chas

pga2000_patch_3_3_4_5

DXWrap for PGA2000

MSCOMCTL

Might try those after uninstalling.

Hope you get it to working.
TenSixty6
Chronic Slicer

Post by TenSixty6 »

Jim Hall wrote: May 14th, 2023, 1:53 pm A crazy suggestion. I'm not running Windows 11 but have had no issue running the game in Windows 10 (I run everything as administrator, Windows 8 compatibility for gameplay, Windows XP Service Pack 2 for the architect). I used the following for game installation which are located in the utilities section of the site:

pga2000_game_installer_by_chas

pga2000_patch_3_3_4_5

DXWrap for PGA2000

MSCOMCTL

Might try those after uninstalling.

Hope you get it to working.
Thank you so much! The patch helped get the game running! I just played my first 18 holes in about 13 years. Shot 76 at Jocasse Shoals, and man, the nostalgia is strong.

There were a couple of graphics issues. The golfer, ball, flag, holes, and wind sock all had issues, making them look like they were cut out of pink diamond. Anyone encountered this before? Is there a fix?

The architect also loads now, though the structures library remains with 0 size in the course manager.

EDIT- Setting the game to run in compatibility mode fixed the graphics issues in game. Still stuck with the 0kb Structures size in the architect, but that program does load. This appears to be the last hurdle.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

TenSixty6
The new (DXWrap) located in the utilities page of this web site should fix this problem if installed properly. Download the new DXWrap and unzip. Make sure you know the location that you're unzipping the new DXWrap file to. Then go to your PGACGCE folder and open it. Then open the Bin folder. Scroll down and find the original DXWrap.dll file and delete it. Move your new DXWrap.dll file to the Bin folder unless you already moved it to the Bin folder when unzipping the file. Make sure your new DXWrap.dll is installed after moving into Bin file. My new DXWRAP file is 180kb and has a recent date modified listed of 1/21/2021. The old DXWrap.dll would have an old date.
TenSixty6
Chronic Slicer

Post by TenSixty6 »

Thank you, all. I may have done a stupid. While trying to get the Structures library installed, I decided to uninstall everything and see if reinstalling the game would install the fresh library. I'm stuck in a loop now, where I can mount cd1 to the drive, but it doesn't trigger "what do you want to do with this disc?" So, I can't run the autoplay to install the game again. I can mount and unmount disc 1 as many times as I'd like, but it won't show me anything I can interact with. At this point, there isn't a ping noise telling me if I've just mounted the drive or unmounted it.

Is there a way to make my laptop think it's never seen these files before, and start all over?

Should have just accepted what I had and left it be.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

If the drive is mounted, go to Start Menu > Computer (hopefully that's named the same in Windows 11, I'm not sure) there should be a drive in there that is a virtual CD drive. Double clicking it may run the autorun or it may open the files on the virtual CD at which point you'd want to run the Autoplay.exe or you could just skip that and run Setup.exe.
TenSixty6
Chronic Slicer

Post by TenSixty6 »

it's telling me that the V: is not accessible, and that my access is denied.

Thanks, BrianZ. You are a huge reason why this game is still playable. I'm just...saying thanks. As I'm thinking of it, this laptop is needing to be replaced soon, as well...might be simpler to just wait, now that I know that the game CAN be run on a new machine.
TenSixty6
Chronic Slicer

Post by TenSixty6 »

Well, it took me a little longer than I expected, but I got the game running on a new laptop. It looks fantastic, and I had no problems installing it. For some reason, the Collectors Edition install won't load, but I figure I can simply install those courses myself.

So, as it's been so long, I did have a question on installing new courses and libraries. Do I extract them straight to the courses and libraries folders, or must I register them through the Course Manager first? I'm just not sure how that works anymore.

Thanks,
Ten