Hello, all

Any off topic discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
shot meister
Chronic Slicer

Re: Hello, all

Post by shot meister »

Steve,

It was just that I gave PGA Championship Golf another look and it is quite a game for being so old!...kinda just like me! I have recently been creating courses for Tiger Woods 2008, but have decided to make them for PGA Championship golf again also. Great to be back! :wavey:
TenSixty6
Chronic Slicer

Post by TenSixty6 »

BrianZ111 wrote: May 4th, 2023, 2:20 pm When you open the ISO you should get the following:

I take it you aren't even getting that far? Unfortunately I don't have any ideas on why.
Nope. Not even getting that far. What program should it be opening with? CD1 just refuses to load.

On the other hand, the older installation package DOES install, but I get an error message saying I need to reinstall the game when I try to run it, Windows XP service package 3. So, yes, the files get installed, but won't run. I'd really love to get this going again.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Yeah I couldn't remember the exact reason but I think the new installer had to be created because the old one doesn't work on newer operating systems like Windows 10 or 11.

As for the new installer, the ISO files should run in WinCDEmu. You have to install that if you didn't. If you did, maybe try reinstalling that?
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

TenSixty6
I'm wondering do you have a new monitor that runs higher resolution then 1900x1440? If you do the game won't respond or open or anything. If you do you would need to lower the resolution. Does your computer consider you an administrator? If not you need to fix that. I'll keep thinking of other possible problems. Did you check your security? Good luck
TenSixty6
Chronic Slicer

Post by TenSixty6 »

BrianZ111 wrote: May 11th, 2023, 10:14 pm Yeah I couldn't remember the exact reason but I think the new installer had to be created because the old one doesn't work on newer operating systems like Windows 10 or 11.

As for the new installer, the ISO files should run in WinCDEmu. You have to install that if you didn't. If you did, maybe try reinstalling that?
SO! Exciting news. I was able to install the game using WinCDEmu. I now have icons on my desktop for the game, the architect, and the course manager. GAH.

Problem. The game and the architect won't load. The architect tries to load, but closes before it ever opens. The game itself is flat out unresponsive. I am running at 1680x1050. I've tried running them as admins, and tried tried running with troubleshooting compatibility, both as xp service package 3 and windows 8. I have replaced the graphics file. Is there something I missed out of sequence?

I'm excited. This is the closest I've had to having one of my favorite games back in over ten years.

Thanks,
Ten

PS. The course manager DOES load, but I notice it says there is an uninstalled library. Would this have anything to do with anything?
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

TenSixty6
Sometimes the course libraries say there installed but actually they aren't. Open your course manager then highlight 1 at a time each library and click the properties button. A window will pop up and in the bottom portion of the window is (size). If it's 0 or a very small number then it isn't installed and needs reinstalled.
For instance, Ingall's creek library is 11,322KB. You should go to your Sierra folder open it up and go to your PGACGCE file open it then open the courses file and check to see if all libraries are installed for each course. Do this by opening each course and check each .clb info and compare to your course manger info to see if it's installed and the size is correct. In most cases it's just 1 library that is 0 in size and needs reinstalled.
TenSixty6
Chronic Slicer

Post by TenSixty6 »

Ok. it says I'm missing the "Structures" library in the Course Manager. Where do I find the library to install?
Jim Hall
Club Champion

Post by Jim Hall »

TenSixty6

I think it is the "arch.clb" file found in the folder shown in the pic below.
Structures Library.jpg
(285.31 KiB) Not downloaded yet
TenSixty6
Chronic Slicer

Post by TenSixty6 »

It's not in that folder on my laptop. I also can't find it under Libraries here. Huh. Not sure what to do at this point.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

It is listed under the file name arch on the libraries page. Here's a direct link: http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/pga2000 ... s/arch.zip