The Masters Round 1

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

The Masters Round 1

Post by SteveHorn »

I'm going to do something I haven't done in a long time, pat myself on the back. I'm in season 17 currently and have NEVER won the Masters. I've missed the cut many times. So, when I drew cards to determine playing conditions for round 1, I drew average dry and strong winds. I was to say the the least not happy and feared the worst for the 1st round. Strong winds for those who may not know is winds of anywhere between 20 and 40 mph. It constantly varies.
To my amazement I finished round 1 at 5 under par 67 with a hole in 1 on #4 198-yard par 3 with a 27 mph cross wind, also slightly in my face. This is 1 round I'll always remember. I did have 3 bogey's and 6 birdies along with that hole in 1.
One other thing I should mention I hit a 415-yard drive on#2. Have never come close to doing that before. Of course, it was downwind and downhill. Wind was around 37 to 38 mph hit a draw with my #2 driver.
Last edited by SteveHorn on February 5th, 2023, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Re: The Masters Round 1

Post by Polslad »

Sounds like quite a adventure!
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Always something new to discover. Quite a round in those conditions. Congrats.
TenSixty6
Chronic Slicer

Post by TenSixty6 »

Congrats!

I remember having a similar round on the old Augusta 2005 course. Aced #12, I believe. You get way more creds for doing it on a LiDar course. That's insane.

And it's nice to see a game designed for 1990's era golf can still produce realistic driving distances for 2020's, lol.