'Alainn Tr'aigh Links - Group Design [New Course]

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

'Alainn Tr'aigh Links - Group Design [New Course]

Post by BrianZ111 »

Course: 'Alainn Tr'aigh Links (49.0 MB)
Type: Fictional | Location: Scotland
Designer: Group Design
Date: 1/31/2022

Images and Documents: 'Alainn Tr'aigh Links Post
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Re: 'Alainn Tr'aigh Links - Group Design [New Course]

Post by tarheel »

This is a fine creation by a team of experienced and talented course architects. The holes offer great variety and play cohesively. Its a links style course with a really nice looking background and customs on the course. Nothing feels redundant as you move from hole to hole. Many of them have alternate paths you can try to get to the cup, and risk/reward is present. The conservative player will have a very different round from those who like to push the envelope. There may be room here and there for a few more customs beyond the immediate play area on a few holes to give some visual candy, but this in no way distracts from the overall fun of each and every hole, and within each's play area, its all wonderful. I found some greens to be quite difficult, but this is absolutely a positive in my book. Comparing within each grouping of par 3's, 4's and 5's, you will find excellent variety in lengths. Honestly, if I saw this course blind to everything, I would think a single designer made it, because its really that tight.

Bravo!

I'll play a round soon enough on this final version to post up here for anyone interested to play along with. I have a few rounds on the test release version. I'm just not sure if they are compatible with the final.

PS Yes, I would love to see another group go, maybe to give us a course where you transition from a coastal area, into some woods, then into rolling hills and then finish moving from a grassy/links style to a desert. A golf fantasy. Yeah, I know this would be really difficult to find a background to accomplish this, but these dudes are amazing and can do anything :)
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

I played a round Med Hard pin3 and was doing well on the front 9 before I got into deep trouble at the start of the Back 9. Had a fun and entertaining round, but the Back 9 got me bc of my limited skill or raising fatigue trying to hold it together :) Or it might just have been my lack of strategy and knowing where to aim :)
Attaching my round for anyone to play against, remember I restarted playing just a few months ago. You will beat me easily.
Attachments
Alainn Med Hard 3- Goran.round
(31.03 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

I played with Goran and here is my round. This course, on my third play, is very difficult indeed. Putting is very brittle with hard conditions which I don't think I used in playtest. It will be easy to go bogey on many holes.
Attachments
'Alainn Tr'aigh Links - Tarheel - medium - hard - 3.round
(26.73 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
John A Bernard
Weekend Duffer

Post by John A Bernard »

Managed to play the full course the other weekend and it's a great course...congratulations to everybody involved doing it.

Not easy by any means, very challenging i particulary liked brad's short par 4 where you you were missleaded by pointing to the left instead of to the

right where the green site is...i resenbles a lot like Royal Melbourne's great Course

I'll have to play it again soon...

Thanks