Muirfield Village 2022 by Steve Horn [New Course]

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Muirfield Village 2022 by Steve Horn [New Course]

Post by BrianZ111 »

Course: Muirfield Village 2022 (12.8 MB)
Type: Real, Parkland
Designer: Steve Horn
Date: 1/15/2023
Libraries Used: augusta2001, baltursol, barrenhills, bh, bullock_run, ccove, ccovemidday, DSTour, houses1, inlandheath, murfield_village, northamerican, pebblebeach, scottsdaletextures, southwind_2010, thelegacy
KSBC6499
Chronic Slicer

Re: Muirfield Village 2022 by Steve Horn [New Course]

Post by KSBC6499 »

I had to check this out as the 2006 version by Somerfelt is one of my top courses to play. As I was downloading I remembered there being renovations done to the course, I figured that is why it was being re-released. My first thought when playing was where are all the trees?? 2006 was really woodsy, tight fairways etc. I was about to write this off as a disappointment but then I read the course file where it said some 500 trees were removed. Aha! With that, it is a great rendition. I followed along with a flyover while playing and the new design is represented well. The new trap and green designs are right on. Technically nothing wrong, all is smooth, the texture is nice, a lot lighter than 2006. Greens can be tricky but not impossible. Most holes seem more wide open. Some of the tees seem a little less elevated ,dont know if thats part of the new design.. I guess if I had to nitpick, some of the creek edges are a bit sharp. Overall a definite keeper, A-List course. Thanks for your time and effort in bring us a new rendition of a great course.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

KSBC6499
Thanks for the nice review. Jack has been making changes to Muirfield Village continuously through the years. They opened up the course 8 to 10 years ago or there abouts. Jack is always tinkering with all aspects of his baby Muirfield Village. I didn't think I'd like the course as much with it opened up but I do like some of the changes he's made over the years. This is probably my last update of this classic course, but you never know. I do think it's my best version.
I've got more updated course's to released soon. so, stay tuned.
Jim Hall
Club Champion

Post by Jim Hall »

Really nice job Steve :up:
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Jim!
Thanks, Glad you liked it. I'm currently getting ready to play round 3 of the Valero Texas Open at Legent Island. Round 1 (-7) round 2 (+2). Did make the first cut. Looks like another A list course that you designed.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

The Village was not one of my favourite stops in my seasons, but you have to have the Memorial right?
I like the new version very much, more open, a bit more contouring, a few greens moved and water added on one of the par 3's.
Enjoying my rounds there now.
Thanks for the release.
TenSixty6
Chronic Slicer

Post by TenSixty6 »

I'm not sure what I can add to what has already been said, Steve Horn, but I wanted to let you know that I played the course and greatly enjoyed it. Definitely going to be on my active courses list.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

TenSixty6
Nice to hear positive reviews. Hopefully you'll get a chance to play a couple more of my new releases once I get the bugs ironed out.