Old Timers Competition

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Old Timers Competition

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

I, along with two other GBD old timers (Tarheel and Randy) are just about to start a new competition. So far there is only the three of us. It is very basic at the moment, as my computing skills aren't the world's greatest, but we do have a way of playing three competitions in one (ie; Stroke play, Handicap Stroke play and Stableford).

I have determined handicaps for the three of us based on four rounds we played at Quail Hollow Club. We are about to start our first tournament. If anyone wants to join us, all they have to do is play four rounds at Quail Hollow Club (by Terry Armsrtong) and submit their .round files here. From that I can calculate their handicaps and they can then join us playing Acacia Hills for our first competition rounds.

The conditions for the Quail Hollow rounds are:
Rd 1: Mild/Normal/Pin 1
Rd 2: Medium/Normal/Pin 2
Rd 3: Mild/Normal/Pin 3
Rd 4: Medium/Normal/Pin 4
No gimmies, no Mulligans, one and done, just like the old HamHoc Tour.

Please post your .round files here if you are interested in joining us.

Cheers

Brad
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Re: Old Timers Competition

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

due to some unrealistic pin positions on Acacia Hills, we changed our first competition to Albermarle Golf Club.

I have attached my Rd 1 file for any other members of the "Old Timers" to play against. I definitely left some shots out there, as my putter let me down a few times, but not too shabby. Really nice course, although the pin placement on 18 is a bit "iffy".

The conditions for this round are Medium/Normal/Pin 2.

If anybody wants to join our happy little band, just play the four rounds at Quail Hollow as per the above conditions and post your .round files here to get your handicap for Albermarle.

Enjoy.

Brad
Attachments
Albermarle Golf Club - Brad The Dad - Old Timers - Rd 1.round
(26.18 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
RandyG
Scratch Golfer

Post by RandyG »

Opps, looks like I played round 4 :wow:

Rd 4

randy
Attachments
Albermarle Golf Club - Randy-Rd3-Med-Soft-4.round
Rd 4 instead of Rd3
(26.71 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Rounds 1 and 2 for me! This is a great course. I think this is the first time I ever played it. Great choice of venue :)

I've played a serious amount for the last week and a half! Its funny how even a decade and a half away, I automatically start doing things again.

-------> my avatar I created and made into an ingame flag, which I'm using for my PGA with Tarheel stuff I'm doing :)
Albermarle Golf Club - Tarheel - round2.round
(24.82 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Albermarle Golf Club - Tarheel - round 1.round
(25.73 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
RandyG
Scratch Golfer

Post by RandyG »

I hope I have the right round this time :-)

Rd3
Still a little rusty

randy
Attachments
Albermarle Golf Club - Randy Rd3.round
(24.82 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Not a problem that you played Rd 4 Randy. The order in which we play is not an issue.

Cheers

Brad
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Round 3. I played with Randy, and I might say his 'rust' looks oddly like a sharp sword... It is so helpful to play with another player. Sometimes watching what they do can intimidate, and other times it can really help get a read on a situation before you hit! Sometimes the clicker is clicking :)

FILE REMOVED - WRONG CONDITIONS
Last edited by tarheel on October 5th, 2022, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Brad,

can you please check that for Rd 3 you played Medium/Soft/Pin 4 as when I try to play against your .round file it says it is a different pin placement. You can check by verifying your .game file under "Advanced Preferences".

Cheers

Brad
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

finally got round to playing Rd 2. My putter is killing me on short putts, but I do seem to have a habit of leaving myself on the sloped side of the hole. I must say, the scores are all very close.

Cheers

Brad
Attachments
Albermarle Golf Club - Brad The Dad - Old Timers - Rd 2.round
(25.87 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

BradTheDad wrote: October 5th, 2022, 7:46 pm Hi Brad,

can you please check that for Rd 3 you played Medium/Soft/Pin 4 as when I try to play against your .round file it says it is a different pin placement. You can check by verifying your .game file under "Advanced Preferences".

Cheers

Brad
Hmm I played against Randy round 3, and his loaded and played with me. I think both of us played using the conditions for Quail Hollow listed at the top of this thread by accident (which explains our scoring and explains why his loaded up). We both used pin 3 mild. However, I wonder if the one he labeled as round 4 above this one might have actually been the correct round 3 in the first place?