Old Timers Competition

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Re: Old Timers Competition

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

here's my final round of our final tournament for the 2023 FedUp Cup. This course really requires you to use all your past knowledge of the effects of the wind versus the effects of the lie. Fortunately, my putter was my best friend again, as many of these pin placements are tough. I suspected some of these holes would become tough in a little breeze, and I'm glad we are only playing in a medium wind: Hole Nine is a brute!

I really enjoyed the challenge of the two courses Randy picked for us this event. Both vastly different, but both highly entertaining. :up:

I will start looking for our first challenges for the 2024 competition now and hope that I can inspire you to join me for another year of this great game.

Cheers

Brad
Attachments
Dragons Tail - Brad The Dad - Old Timers - Rd 2.round
(24 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Its been a really busy week with daughter coming home from college and boyfriend hanging out as well. Will get caught up over the next week
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Busy time for all of us Brad.

As I've said before, there is absolutely no rush to get your rounds done. It's all about enjoying this great game, and at this time of year family and friends definitely come first.
JuanMenestrina
Scratch Golfer

Post by JuanMenestrina »

Sorry the delay, here is my first round.
Juan
Attachments
BlacklickNorth - Juan Menestrina2023_1stRound.round
(27.64 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Round 1. The back nine is a consistent problem for me
BlacklickNorth - Tarheel - round 2.round
(25.32 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Galen, I'm thinking about you over the holidays.
JuanMenestrina
Scratch Golfer

Post by JuanMenestrina »

My sencond round.
Juan
JuanMenestrina
Scratch Golfer

Post by JuanMenestrina »

Here is my second round, another 69.
Juan
Attachments
BlacklickNorth - Juan Menestrina2003_2ndRound.round
(27.96 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

just watched all the recently posted rounds and there was some very good golf played. Juan's putter is still not being very friendly to him. I saw five or six putts in Rd 1 that could have just as easily gone in as stayed out, and there were quite a few in Rd 2 as well. If he can start getting them to drop, he will be submitting some very solid scores.

Tarheel was his usual solid best, sticking them close for easy putts, or chipping in when he did miss the green. I think he is the best chipper I have ever seen!

Here are the results for Rds 1 and 2:

With only two rounds to play, the FedUp Cup couldn't be any closer. I've had to go to two decimal points to separate Tarheel and myself, so there's everything to play for. It could all come down to whether someone's score in either of these rounds changes their handicap. One shot could make all the difference.

Cheers

Brad
Attachments
Rd 1 and Rd 2 Scores and Results.jpg
(42.61 KiB) Not downloaded yet
FedUp Cup Progress Scores.jpg
(11.97 KiB) Not downloaded yet
JuanMenestrina
Scratch Golfer

Post by JuanMenestrina »

my third round at Dragon´s... A solid 66 for me.
Juan
Attachments
Dragon's Tail Golf Course - Juan Menestrina2023_3rdRound.round
(26.71 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

I hope you all had a very pleasant Christmas Day with your loved ones. We celebrated Christmas on Boxing Day this year, as each year we rotate with our kids in-laws as to where the kids go to on Christmas Day and who gets Boxing Day. That way, the kids and grand-kids can just enjoy Christmas Day without having to travel to two different destinations.

We had a very hot and humid day, followed by an almighty thunder storm, so all the kids, except for one daughter-in-law and our 10 month old grand-daughter decided to stay the night. Mad rush to find sufficient pillows and bedding for seven extra people and four dogs, but we managed it. It was nice to wake up and have our children sleeping under our roof again.

However, on matters golfing. I have just watched Juan's Rd 3. I have been saying his putter has been very unkind to him lately and, while he missed a couple, he drained an absolute monster for birdie on the 16th. He shot a splendid 31 on the back nine and, had it not been for a few errant shots on the front nine, he would have posted a very impressive score.

Very promising Juan. Keep it up. :up:

Cheers

Brad