2022-23 PGA tour/Worldswing tour, play recorded rounds with Tarheel (schedule with links in first post)

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Re: 2022-23 PGA tour/Worldswing tour, play recorded rounds with Tarheel (schedule with links in first post)

Post by tarheel »

PGA WEEK THIRTY-ONE
PGA Championship

Its time for the second major of the season on the PGA Tour. This year we are visiting Rochester, New York for the event. The golf course is Oak Hill Country Club, East Course and was established in 1901 with a Donald Ross design. The event defending champion is Justin Thomas with a score of -5 in 2022 at Southern Hills Championship Course. The course at Oak Hill is 7394 yards, par 70.

Fortunately, there is no substitute course this week with this January 2012 real course design coming from Chad Smith and Chad "Fish" Derouin. It too is a par 70, with distance measuring at 7138 yards from the black tees. Chad Smith to my knowledge has this, Links @ Mentor Marsh 2011 and Lipoma Firs with his design involvement. Mr Derouin was involved with our Augusta played last month, Bethpage Black 2015, Hamilton-Wenham, and at least 5 other designs or maybe more. Keep him in your prayers as he works through some health issues right now. Fantastic course designs for these artists and you are certain to have a challenge today at Oak Hill

THE TOURNAMENT

CONDITIONS :thumbsup:
Round 1: Medium - Normal - Pin 3
Round 2: Strong - Normal - Pin 2
Round 3: Medium - Soft - Pin 1 - Fog 30%
Round 4: Medium - Soft - Pin 5

18” gimmes (although I’m not taking them)
No mulligans
BLACK tees
Medium or faster meter
I am playing each round once and taking what I get

-------> http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn ... l_east.zip <-- url fixed

:golf:
Tarheel’s event hcp: 9
Tarheel's .round files Image
View from the tee of number 10, par 4.

Great par 3's on this course, this one is number 15 with danger to the right from the tee.

Only two par 5's on this one, and this is 570 yards from the tee. Here we are looking from the second shot area.

Return to season schedule: http://golfsimclubhouse.com/forum/view ... 443#p11443
Attachments
oak_hill-splash.jpg
(11.79 KiB) Not downloaded yet
oak_hill-hole 10-par4.jpg
(253.26 KiB) Not downloaded yet
oak_hill-hole 15-par3.jpg
(219.72 KiB) Not downloaded yet
oak_hill-hole 4 -570-par5.jpg
(235.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by tarheel on July 19th, 2023, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Re: 2022-23 PGA tour/Worldswing tour, play recorded rounds with Tarheel (schedule with links in first post)

Post by tarheel »

PGA WEEK THIRTY-TWO
Charles Schwab Challenge

Fort Worth, Texas. We are basically now on the back 9 of the PGA season, and find ourselves at a very historic golf adventure, Colonial Country Club. Its a real treat for the second week in a row to have another PGA course represented in our 'courses' folder. This time, its Whitson and Antes bringing us this course from 12/11/03. Its a Par 70 (like last week) and 7080 yards. The actual tour course this year measures at 7209 yards and is a John Bredemus/Perry Maxwell design being played for the 76th time, making this the longest-running non-major on tourto be contested on the same course. Six players are tied for 61 with the course record, most recently Kevin Na in 2018. Sam Burns is the defending champion but only one player in history has had back to back championships, and in that case twice, Ben Hogan

THE TOURNAMENT

Round 1: Medium - Normal - Pin 4
Round 2: Medium - Normal - Pin 2
Round 3: Medium - Normal - Pin 1
Round 4: Medium - Hard - Pin 3

No mulligans
BLACK tees
Medium or faster meter

-------> http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn ... _Antes.zip <-- fixed link

Tarheel’s event hcp: 8
Hole 16 from the tee, par 3

Hole 9, on the approach on this par 4

View back from the green to the fairway on number 11. Birdie opportunities will have to be earned on the par 3 and 4's

Return to season schedule: http://golfsimclubhouse.com/forum/view ... 443#p11443
Attachments
colonialcc_splash.jpg
(21.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
colonialcc_hole16-tee.jpg
(235.65 KiB) Not downloaded yet
colonialcc_hole9-par4approach.jpg
(206.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet
colonialcc_hole11-par5fromgreen.jpg
(182.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by tarheel on July 13th, 2023, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

PGA WEEK THIRTY-THREE
The Memorial Tournament Presented by Workday

The PGA site sums it up nicely:
<The PGA TOUR heads to Jack’s Place for this week’s Memorial Tournament presented by Workday, a Designated event at Muirfield Village GC in central Ohio. The Memorial Tournament, hosted by 18-time major champion Jack Nicklaus, is one of the PGA TOUR’s longest-running events at the same venue, having debuted at Muirfield Village in 1976. With its reputation as one of the TOUR’s most demanding tests and history of illustrious winners, the Memorial has evolved into an essentially can’t-miss stop on most players’ calendars. This week, the top five players on the Official World Golf Ranking will all tee it up in Dublin, Ohio, just outside Columbus. Five-time winner of the Memorial Tournament Tiger Woods perhaps said it best.>

“This one in particular is very special to him; it’s very special to us as players,” Woods said. “Obviously because of what he’s done to the golf course, but more so what he’s meant to us as players.”

Our Muirfield Village this week is beautiful, designed by Rob Barley in 2020. A long 7354 yards of golfing goodness awaits and should get you in the mood to watch the tournament on TV. The course this year is listed at 7571 yards for the pros and both courses are par 72. I have Mr. Barley involved with Consetoga, Cross Creek, Meadowbrook and Valhalla for JN6.

THE TOURNAMENT

Round 1: Mild - Hard - Pin 4
Round 2: Medium - Hard - Pin 2
Round 3: Medium - Normal - Pin 1
Round 4: Medium - Normal - Pin 3

No mulligans
BLACK tees
Medium or faster meter

-------> http://golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn6/fi ... y-2020.zip <-- url fixed

Hole 14, par 4 from the tee

From the green to the tee of par 3 number 16.

Just a really fun and handsome number 3 with this approach shot, par 4.

Attachments
muirfield-splash.jpg
(22.59 KiB) Not downloaded yet
muirfield-14_tee.jpg
(230.09 KiB) Not downloaded yet
muirfield-16_green-par3.jpg
(201.94 KiB) Not downloaded yet
muirfield-3_approach-par4.jpg
(232.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by tarheel on July 17th, 2023, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

PGA WEEK THIRTY-FOUR
The RBC Canadian Open

Smoke, smoke and smoke. Canada is literally on fire in several provinces nearby and yet fortunately the RBC Canadian Open plays on in Toronto. And to this fire, add the explosive chemicals of the announcement of a merger between the PGA and the LIV tour! Strange times indeed but lets say a prayer for the lives at risk from the real fire.

Well, the RBC Canadian open was first held in 1904 and has been an annual event except during the world wars and during the covid pandemic. It is third oldest behind the Open Championship and the US Open in continuously running events on the PGA tour. Winning all three events has only been done twice, Trevino (1971) and Tiger (2000). The event has been held at Glen Abbey the most, 30 times, but in the 90's the decision was made to move the championship around the country.

This year, the event is played at Oakdale Golf and Country Club in Toronto which is par 72, 7264 yards and Rory is the event defending champion of 2022.

PS And speaking of Glen Abbey, I sure would love to see a proper modern interpretation of that one for JN6. We have a year 2000 version, which is a pretty standard non-customs work with very wide fairways.

...and yet here we are choosing a different location to swing for the money. Oakdale isn't present in our large library, so I have chosen to play our four rounds at Muskoka Downs, a brilliant fictional design by Guy Nicholson (whom designed Milford Track which we played earlier this season during the winter break during the vacation club interlude). His course is set in Toronto as well, so is a perfect choice. It was designed in March 2003 and is par 72, 7171 yards from the black tees. Its an interesting challenge.

As a reflection of the conditions in Canada, day 1 (at least), will have fog settings to represent the atmospheric smoke.

THE TOURNAMENT

Round 1: Mild - Soft - Pin 4 - 50% Fog
Round 2: Mild - Soft - Pin 2 - 30% Fog
Round 3: Medium - Soft - Pin 1 - 20% Fog
Round 4: Medium - Soft - Pin 5

No mulligans
BLACK tees
Medium or faster meter

-------> http://golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn6/fi ... _downs.zip <-- url fixed

Tarheel's .round files Round 2 Round 3 Image
Number 16, a drivable par 4 of 317 yards. Go for it!

Difficult par 3 because of the nuisance tree up front, number 4, 156 yards.

Approach shot on the par 4 number 7.

Attachments
muskoka-splash.jpg
(27.3 KiB) Not downloaded yet
muskoka-n16-driveablepar4-317.jpg
(259.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet
muskoka-n4-156yds-par3-tree.jpg
(262.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet
muskoka-n7-approach-par4-482yds.jpg
(233.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by tarheel on July 17th, 2023, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Temporarily pausing posts pending repairs to course database.

Have no fear, worst case, I have all the .course files I could provide if needed, just would have to fix all the d/l links.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

PGA WEEK THIRTY-FIVE
The US Open

Third major of the season, the US Open is here at last. The tour visits The Los Angeles Country Club (North) this year which unfortunately is not present in our archive of JN6 courses. I have found a fantastic substitute in Crosspointe Golf Club, made in 2000, by the talented Scott Antes. It is fictional, but also located in California, and about 7300 yards from the black tees, par 72, and with incredibly challenging greens, fits the bill nicely. Playing this feels like playing a US Open.

THE TOURNAMENT

Round 1: Mild - Normal - Pin 4
Round 2: Medium - Normal - Pin 1
Round 3: Medium - Normal - Pin 2
Round 4: Medium - Hard - Pin 3

No mulligans
BLACK tees
Medium or faster meter

-------> http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn ... pointe.zip <-- fixed link

Hole 16, approach shot on this par 4

Its a long trip to the cup on this 546 yard par 5 number 15

Hole 3, 183 yard par 3

Attachments
crosspointe-splash.jpg
(19.02 KiB) Not downloaded yet
crosspointe-hole16-approach-par4.jpg
(210.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
crosspointe-hole15-546yds-par5.jpg
(243.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet
crosspointe-hole3-183yds-par3.jpg
(200.31 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by tarheel on July 13th, 2023, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

PGA WEEK THIRTY-SIX
Travelers Championship

Welcome back! We are in Cromwell, Connecticut to play at the historic TPC River Highlands for the Travelers Championship. This is the shortest course on the PGA tour at 6852 yards, par 70 (our version is 6840 yards, par 70). This year is the 70th anniversary of the championship and the 39th year for this course to host. "The key stretch comes as players navigate around a four-acre lake on Nos. 15-17. TPC River Highlands is where Jim Furyk fired the TOUR’s lowest round, a 58 in 2016."

I have not played this on JN6 until today, and under mild conditions, this is a hitters paradise but the greens on some holes can be VERY difficult. This JN6 version was updated in 2009 by Lee Gordon from a 1999 original by Dale Somerfelt. I think it is gorgeous.

Enjoy day 1 and score low because the next few days forecast to get wet.

THE TOURNAMENT

Round 1: Mild - Normal - Pin 1
Round 2: Medium - Soft - Pin 2
Round 3: Medium - Soft - Pin 3
Round 4: Medium - Normal - Pin 5

No mulligans
BLACK tees
Medium or faster meter

-------> http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn ... s_2009.zip <— url fixed

Hole 17, approach shot

Hole 8 from the green back to tee on this par 3

Hole 14 from the tee

Attachments
riverhighlands_splash.jpg
(25.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
riverhighlands_hole17-approach.jpg
(211.14 KiB) Not downloaded yet
riverhighlands_hole8-green.jpg
(178.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet
riverhighlands_hole14-tee.jpg
(193.7 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by tarheel on July 19th, 2023, 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

PGA WEEK THIRTY-SEVEN
Rocket Mortgage Classic

Connecticut to Michigan for this weeks event, being held at Detroit Golf Club, a course which we don't have for JN6. Instead, we will play The Mushroom Farm, by Chris Furgerson, an experienced designer since JNSE. Its located in Dryden, Michigan, so geographically its a good substitute. It was made in January, 2011 and is a fictional course built on a real piece of property; an old mushroom farm of course! This course is par 72 and will offer a challenge in higher winds.

I recall a course of Chris's called Nantahala Gorge I think. My memory tells me it was a stiff challenge I enjoyed in the past if you want to play another one of his many courses.

THE TOURNAMENT

Round 1: Mild - Normal - Pin 4
Round 2: Mild - Normal - Pin 3
Round 3: Medium - Normal - Pin 2
Round 4: Medium - Normal - Pin 1

No mulligans
BLACK tees
Medium or faster meter

-------> http://golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn6/fi ... m_farm.zip <-- url fixed

Par 4 #6 from above the tee area

Par 3 #15

Looking back to the approach shot on the par 5 #8

Attachments
mushroom-splash.jpg
(20.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet
mushroom-hole6-par4.jpg
(239.69 KiB) Not downloaded yet
mushroom-hole15-par3.jpg
(232.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet
mushroom-hole8-par5-approach.jpg
(230.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by tarheel on July 17th, 2023, 6:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

I will be leaving town for vacation, so will have to delay rounds 3 and 4 this week and all rounds for the next event until my return, but I will return :)

PS I played round 2 really fast, and DANG, with the help of a pre-vacation duo of margaritas, my fearlessness led to my best round in a decade!
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

PGA WEEK THIRTY-EIGHT
The John Deere Classic

I've been on vacation, so I'm getting a pass to play the course late, but the PGA finished last weekend playing the John Deere Classic at TPC Deere Run in Silvis, Illinois. Terry Armstrong, in another wonderful real world course this season, gave us this course to enjoy in 2013. This event started in 1971 as the Quad City Open, becoming an official tour event in 1972. From 1975 until 1999 it was played at Oakwood CC, and moved to TPC Deere Run in 2000. Previous multi time winners are:

3 wins
D. A. Weibring: 1979, 1991, 1995
Steve Stricker: 2009, 2010, 2011

2 wins
Deane Beman: 1971, 1972
Scott Hoch: 1980, 1984
David Frost: 1992, 1993
Jordan Spieth: 2013, 2015

I'll play my rounds slowly this week to play catchup.

THE TOURNAMENT

Round 1: Strong - Hard - Pin 1
Round 2: Mild - Hard - Pin 3
Round 3: Medium - Normal - Pin 4
Round 4: Medium - Hard - Pin 5

No mulligans
BLACK tees
Medium or faster meter

-------> https://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/j ... re_Run.zip

Hole 16, par 3 from the tee

Hole 5, par 4, from the green back to fairway

Second shot on the par 5, hole 2

Attachments
Deere_run-splash.jpg
(11.13 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Deere_run-hole16-par3.jpg
(216.2 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Deere_run-hole5-fromgreen-par4.jpg
(227.78 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Deere_run-hole2-secondshot-par5.jpg
(202.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet