Install fails

Help with questions or problems.
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Install fails

Post by Goran »

I am not able to install JN6 om ny windows10 gaming computer. I follow these steps:

1. Extract contents of the Golden Bear Challenge zip to anywhere on your hard drive.
2. Go to folder "01 Install" and run the "Setup.exe" file. (Read step 3 before continuing)

When I doubleclick the Setup file, it goes to the ingame installation window, where the options are Install and Exit.
When I click Install the hourglass is displayed for 10 seconds, and then nothing. No error message or anything.

Anyone who had the same and remember what they did?
Galen_Golf4676
Club Champion

Re: Install fails

Post by Galen_Golf4676 »

Hello Goran,

Is this happening when following my installation guide? If not here is a link to the guide:
https://hamhoctours.com/jack6_install/index.html

Galen
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

Hi Galen,
there is no cd player in my computer, so I have downloaded the zip file from this site.
My problem is already in your step 3, it stops after I accept "allow etc" and come directly to the ingame installation window and click Install.
Step 3:
Double click on Setup.exe to begin. You may be asked, "Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?" Click Yes to proceed. Setup will then perform several initialization steps and then prompt you to click Next to proceed.

I tried "install as an administrator" and all compatibility options. I believe the game is still installed on an old laptop I gave to someone who is probably not using it anymore.
Thanks for trying to help though.
Galen_Golf4676
Club Champion

Post by Galen_Golf4676 »

Göran, I'm preparing a .ZIP file from the game CD in my possession. It is the Hypnos version v1.01 of the game. I'm going to test it first to make sure it will work. Stay tuned, my friend.
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

That is kind but it should be something with my pc setup and not the gbc files. If everyone else can install GBC from the existing installation file here on the golfsim site, it must be ok.
I have got my ancient laptop back and attached it to a large leftover monitor, so I can use the designer. The game also works from that laptop.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Goran wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:32 am That is kind but it should be something with my pc setup and not the gbc files. If everyone else can install GBC from the existing installation file here on the golfsim site, it must be ok.
I have got my ancient laptop back and attached it to a large leftover monitor, so I can use the designer. The game also works from that laptop.
Goran, I've installed the High Def version of the game from the link on this site to my newer PC and it works fine. I strongly recommend that version for playing since the graphics are fantastic. Maybe give that a try.
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

Steve, I can not find any link to a High Def version of GBC on the site. Please explain or add the link for me.
Charlie
Shotmaker

Post by Charlie »

Goran, the standard download contains the HD file. Just follow the instructions. A tip for you: don't create a game shortcut on your desktop after the standard install. I found that after I replaced the files manually, which included the new JNGBC.exe file (which I believe is the HD version), the shortcut did not work properly, and I got a spinning blue circle. Create your desktop game shortcut after you do the manual replacement of files.

http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/forum/v ... php?t=1282

I downloaded and installed these files on my new Win11 desktop computer last night, and the install went smoothly. You may have to tinker with your Display settings a bit, but the instructions will walk you through the process.

Charlie
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Thanks Charlie. Goran, the High Def version is really great!!
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

Charlie, did you read my previous posts above?
The instruction tells me I should install the game first thing, that is where it stops for me.
What you and Steve are suggesting must be after the installation process. So I am not able to click any jngbc icon or replace files because I don´t even get to that point.