Samuel's Crossing

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Re: Samuel's Crossing

Post by Sundance »

BradTheDad wrote: November 26th, 2022, 5:41 pm Steve, your library of custom objects must be enormous. I just love the variety of your tree plantings and I fancy sticking that green won't be as easy as it looks.

Cheers

Brad
Brad, I start with new objects on every course and as it develops I often go back to older courses for specific objects and also often use stock items when they fit. But yes, if I put all the objects I had in a single library it would be very large and it would also be very time consuming. LOL
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

tarheel wrote: November 28th, 2022, 6:26 pm This course is tops looking! Dang! Such variety! Course after course and none of them lacking. This one is looking like one of your best, which is high praise
Brad, Thanks and also Thanks for using them on the 'PGA Tour with Tarheel'! We designers love to see our courses used!!
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

ImageThe final hole @ Samuel's Crossing is a 554 yard par 5. Off the tee you cut directly into the teeth of the wind to an uphill sloping fairway protected on both sides by bunkers. Reaching in two is possible but only the very best can achieve this feat. Most will be forced to layup on their second shot and this is no piece of cake either as the fairway lie will challenge you to find the short grass for your approach. If you've had success with your first two shots then getting close to the pin will be much easier and this is critical for a good score on this very challenging green. There will be a mixed bag of scores on this closing hole!!
Views from the tee, landing area , approach, putting surface and rear aerial shot of green as well!Image
Attachments
Clipboard02.jpg
(629.34 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Clipboard01.jpg
(789.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

ImageImage
Attachments
Clipboard04.jpg
(820.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Clipboard03.jpg
(698.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Attachments
Clipboard05.jpg
(683.56 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Wanted to let you know that I have U/L Samuel's Crossing for JN6. Left Brian a message as well and I'm sure he'll post when he has time. The zip file includes the course, one flag and two rounds to play against. There is no text file but you have a hole by hole breakdown with multiple images for each right here. Thanks and I hope you enjoy the course.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

I can’t wait to play it!!!!
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

I will get it posted later today.