Registrations

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Registrations

Post by tincup »

Just an observation... People continue to register with Mygolfer. By my count, we have 47 new Mygolfer registrations since the first of the year. That is more than in 2008, 2009 or 2010 during the same period. I don't know how they are finding the site, but there still seems to be interest in PGA2000. By comparison, we have had only 13 new registrations on this site during the same period.

Despite our messages and directions posted in the Mygolfer forum, very few (if any) of them find their way to this new site.

Thinking that maybe a personal invite might be more effective, I selected a group of about a dozen new Mygolfer registrants and sent them an email a while back. Best I can tell, none of those invited came over to GolfSim.

It is perplexing. If they are interested in PGA2000 site, find Mygolfer is dead and that a new site is available for them, why wouldn't they just register with GolfSimClubhouse? :confused:

Any thoughts on this?

Dar
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Registrations

Post by SteveHorn »

Dar! Something smells fishy about 47 new registrations in less then 3 months on mygolfer, I don't know how but it seems that maybe they are registering for something else but it also registers them to mygolfer. STRANGE
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Thats's a thought Steve, but I don't think that is possible to "accidentally" register for Mygolfer:
-First, one has to agree to the the terms of service
-Then one has to put in the email address... twice (to verify)
-Then the user name
-Then the password... twice (to verify)

Most have tried a few times to download courses. I can tell that from the download tracker. When those fail, they just seem to go away rather than going to the forum to find out what is going on. If they would go to the forum, they are referred to the new site... hard to miss that.

Got me stumped,
Dar
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Dar,

Bumped your thread at mygolfer about the site here. I guess there is a need to have this site come up when doing a search for PGA 2000 instead of the other one - guessing that will be harder if we lose those folks? I came to this site after finding the mygolfer site first and reading the message on the message board there - but I was looking to talk to you guys, not just download courses. The message board on the mygolfer site is a little harder to get to than the forum here - maybe a reason people are missing the notice? Could something be posted on the webpage itself to direct folks here maybe? On the positive side, I think the people that have made it here are folks who will contribute and keep the community going - I am an oldtimer with the game - my daughters and I have played since they were little - but the same spirit then is present here still.

Anyways, I appreciate the work you and Brian put in to make this community flow - the website is clean and easy to navigate - the files are organized intuitively - feedback is appreciated and responded to - not to mention you both have a sense of humor and perspective. Thanks :)
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Thanks Sandwedge,

I think the best solution would be to put a PROMINANT NOTICE on the first page you see when you enter the Mygolfer registration process. That notice would direct new people to this site.

Unfortunately, the ability to add that notice is buried in a set of administrative files I never got access to. Those files were exclusively controlled by Mirage and it takes separate password to get into them.... mutter :rolleyes:

Dar
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Dar, didn't you mention that you had changed registration to where anyone could just register themselves? If so, I bet alot of those 47 were just spammers.
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

If you Google PGA2000, MyGolfer shows #6 on page 1. Is there anyway that Golf Sim Clubhouse can be linked to PGA2000 so it shows on Google ?
Stan
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

bryce wrote:Dar, didn't you mention that you had changed registration to where anyone could just register themselves? If so, I bet alot of those 47 were just spammers.
Yes, people can register themselves now. It is possible that some of them are spammers, but I have seen no spam messages in the Mygolfer forum. Plus, a lot of them have tried to download courses... unsuccessfully of course. That is why I think most of them are legitimate PGA2000 registrants... :shrug:

Dar
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

I was looking a little closer at the Mygolfer registrations since about early December/2010. Among the 67 people who registered and bothered to provide their home country, we have seen registrations from at least 10 different countries:

Australia
Canada
Congo
Denmark
Finland
France
New Zealand
Spain
UK
USA

Pretty impressive, eh?

Dar
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Yes, very impressive. Now we need to get them aboard!