Architect issues

Help with questions or problems.
Jim Hall
Club Champion

Architect issues

Post by Jim Hall »

When I open the architect, it goes to the opening course screen which appears behind the logo screen, then crashes to the desktop. The amount of time it takes to crash changes which is strange. Interestingly, if I keep trying to open it - it may, on occasion, work just fine. I've tried deleting unused libraries, swap files, and changing compatibility mode. I always run the program as an administrator. One other note, when I work on a hole in Lost Lantern I will save after making changes, exit the program then reopen it and reload the course and compile. This worked several times this morning with no issues. Any help would be appreciated.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Architect issues

Post by BrianZ111 »

The thing that comes to my mind is opening a plot where the camera view is off the plot. The architect program remembers where you last left the camera so this could happen for example if you've made the plot bigger than the default on a course and then you're working on a part of the course that's outside the default area. If you leave the camera there when you close the program, then you could open that course back up and it will work fine but if you open the program with a new default plot it will crash. The fix would be to open a course where the camera is on the plot, then move it somewhere within the default 2,000 x 2,000 yards of the lower left corner (expanding the plot expands it to the right and up).
Jim Hall
Club Champion

Post by Jim Hall »

Brian - What a great catch!!! That is exactly what was causing the issue. Never would have thought of that. Really appreciate your help and all that you do to keep this place running!
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

When you've been using a program for 22 years you run across a few things. :laugh: Glad that was it though because I didn't have any other ideas.