The old Caddy Programs for Clubs, Clothes, and Flags

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
cybergolfer
Novice

The old Caddy Programs for Clubs, Clothes, and Flags

Post by cybergolfer »

There used to be three small programs by Smileyman that let you easily change clubs, clothes , and flags. I still have them, but they don't seem to work in windows 10. The flag program won't even run while the other two crash whenever trying to run them. I wondered if anyone remembered them and had any idea to modify them to work in windows 10. Just curious. I know how to change these things manually but it would sure be easier with a program like these.
Charlie
Shotmaker

Re: The old Caddy Programs for Clubs, Clothes, and Flags

Post by Charlie »

I still have them too, but I could never get them to work in the earlier versions of Windows when I first tried them years ago.
cybergolfer
Novice

Post by cybergolfer »

Charlie

I finally figured out how to do it in both Windows 10 and Windows 11. The problem isn't with the program but with the installer. I had an old computer in my basement running Windows XP. I fired it up and was able to install all three programs without a hitch. I next went to the places they had been installed and copied them. I then pasted them anywhere I wished in windows 10 or windows 11. It really doesn't matter where. Finally I went to the copied installations and created shortcuts which I pasted to the desktop. I opened each program, following the instructions in Settings for each. The programs now work perfectly and I couldn't be happier. If someone could create a new installer for each it would certainly simplify things!

Jim
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Jim,

I used to have these programs, but lost them when I changed machines. Would it be possible for you to make these programs available to the community again?

Cheers

Brad
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Jim, if you want to just zip the folders up and upload them to the site we can host them here. If someone crates a new installer for them later we can replace it with that as well.

Upload instructions for the site are here: http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/upload.htm

cybergolfer
Novice

Post by cybergolfer »

Brian
I uploaded the raw programs together with flags, clothes, and clubs, without which the caddy programs would be useless. The author of the caddy programs is Smileyman.

Jim
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Thanks Jim. :up:
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

These have been added to the utilities page. I assume the flags, clothes, and clubs are collections from multiple authors?
cybergolfer
Novice

Post by cybergolfer »

I have no idea. I have had those 3 folders for years !

Jim
cybergolfer
Novice

Post by cybergolfer »

Brian

I forgot to include the files for those not having access to an older operating system. Here are the files for club caddy, flag caddy, and clothes caddy. I also included a brief text message explaining how to use them.

Jim