Welcome!

Any Links series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Viper
Tour Contender

Welcome!

Post by Viper »

Welcome to the Links members! :wavey:

There really needs to be a first post in this forum so this is appropriate. :bg:

There will be plenty of content coming for Links in the future. It is the game I know most about. :up:
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Welcome!

Post by BrianZ111 »

Welcome to everyone who Viper invited, would be great for everyone to introduce themselves. :up:

Sorry for the issues for some on sign up. I think we have them all resolved. We were getting hammered with spam about 3 or 4 months ago so I installed an extension on the forum called Stop Forum Spam. It's done a wonderful job of stopping the spam but it looks like I had it setup in such a way that was causing some false positives. It was checking the Stop Forum Spam database against user name, e-mail address, and IP address. The user name was what got us in trouble. A fairly generic user name appears to generate a lot of false positives so I've turned checking the user name off. I think most spam is caught on e-mail address and IP address anyway so we should be good to go.

As far as HTTPS goes, the site supports it but you have to explicitly put it in the URL. Just add an 's' after http in the link when you first visit and you should be good to go. It will stay in HTTPS after that when clicking on links within the site.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

BrianZ111 wrote: April 3rd, 2022, 9:52 am Welcome to everyone who Viper invited, would be great for everyone to introduce themselves. :up:
Yes, that would be good because I know some "quality" Links people have signed up. Some of them need to get familiar with the site though and learn to check their PM's. Sage...check your PM's! :laugh:
Daniel
Range Rookie

Post by Daniel »

It will be interesting to see how this goes forward in the future. Good luck to you guys who are running this forum.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

Daniel wrote: April 4th, 2022, 5:05 am It will be interesting to see how this goes forward in the future. Good luck to you guys who are running this forum.
Thanks Daniel. All these games are just so good. We are lucky there are so many choices.
Captain Nemo
Weekend Duffer

Post by Captain Nemo »

Still mainly a Links 2003 fan. Currently playing The Masters along with Tiger. However, I have installed JN6 which I liked way back when and am enjoying learning how to play that again.
DEPRESSING FORTUNE COOKIES #3: Your rich uncle will die and leave you his incredible collection of wine bottle labels.
Adelade
Range Rookie

Post by Adelade »

Hello, finally got around to signing up. This site is a great effort, might be extremely valuable for the Links series one day.

I somehow managed to sign up with my name in all lowercase by accident, Im guessing it probably cant be done, but if any admins have superpowers to change usernames, please change mine to Adelade lol. No big deal but ugh I hate it lol ohwell my own fault.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

Welcome Adelade! :wavey:
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Welcome! You're in luck, I only use my superpowers for good. :bg:
Adelade
Range Rookie